Hardrick

Big Old Booger

Reaction score
I've read some posts in the past on this message board about Hardrick. Most seem to allude to him not being very good. Why did we recruit him if he can't contribute?

Or, have I misunderstood what I've read and he's actually a good prospect?

I've read some posts in the past on this message board about Hardrick. Most seem to allude to him not being very good. Why did we recruit him if he can't contribute?

Or, have I misunderstood what I've read and he's actually a good prospect?

He was 6'7 as a freshman and offered before Capel. I say give him a shot. He can't be much worse than anyone else. If he can block a shot or rebound, it's a plus for him.

He committed as a Soph. and was thought to project to be 7' when all grown. Well, he never grew and thus we were stuck with another 6'7 "post" player who only shoots 3's. I'm sorry but I'd settle for a Renzi Stone over a Hardrick, and I'm not trying to bag on the kid, but OU needs low post help and he just isn't it.

He committed as a Soph. and was thought to project to be 7' when all grown. Well, he never grew and thus we were stuck with another 6'7 "post" player who only shoots 3's. I'm sorry but I'd settle for a Renzi Stone over a Hardrick, and I'm not trying to bag on the kid, but OU needs low post help and he just isn't it.

neither is orlando allen or Beau Gerber.

Beau is a National Merit Scholar and walk-on who takes up no scholly.

We need to just play some of the other guys and see if they can really play.

I have always said this and have been ripped into numerous times. If yor star plalyers are not doing what are asked of them you sit their asses on the bench and play your walk-ons. Beau probably will block out, hustle back on D, make free throws and be a leader vocally. If TJ could somehow hit a free throw I would sub him in too. There is no reason a kid can't come in for a few minutes and get a rebound and play defense. I don't understand the logic of "well there is no one else to put in there". Bull ****! I usually do not talk this way. It is not like we would lose if we played em'

As already stated he was 6'7 as a freshman in high school and was projected to be close to 7'0 by the time he was a senior in hs. The problem is he never grew anymore and he's not OU caliber.

I watched him play many times at Putnam City and I never thought he was good enough to play at OU, but I knew it would look bad if we pulled his scholarship.

Back