Hawaii

roc, I'm having difficulty getting the telecast.
The radio sounds like Maddie is now kind of the key through which OU is operating. Is this true?

Hartman blocks Ricketts.
3:20
Durrett misses twice, but the second putback goes in, and she is fouled. Misses FT, rebound out of bounds off Hawaii.
Maddie misses the inbounds shot
They miss, Durrett reb
67-44
Durrett misses, they reb
They hit a three
Jo hits a three 70-47
Durrett steals a pass 1:18
Portia hits a jump hook, has four 72-47
They hit 72-49
Portia hits from three 74-49 0:31
Durrett steals a pass. shot clock off
The biggest margin is the final margin, 25.

Maddie is player of the game. Selected by Coltan Coale.

Watkins
Delgado
Martin
Hook
Ellenberg

This is the all-tournament team. Interesting. No Griffin or Manning?

Aaryn shouldn't be on the all-tournament team. Sure, stellar performance yesterday, but one point and 9 minutes wouldn't cut it. I guess the law of averages worked in her favor.

Hand or Griffin deserve to be on the all tourney team instead of Ellenberg.

Isn't Kelani's sister also a SB pitcher for the Rainbows?
An awful lot of athletic talent in that family. Mitty HS in San Jose must have won a ton of games in many sports when the Ricketts' family traveled through there.

An awful lot of athletic talent in that family. Mitty HS in San Jose must have won a ton of games in many sports when the Ricketts' family traveled through there.

I think Stephanie finished her career (and I assume, graduated) last spring as there was potential for Hawaii and OU to meet in the super-regional but did not happen.

Hand or Griffin deserve to be on the all tourney team instead of Ellenberg.

I do not consider 10 turnovers in three games many which were unforced indicative of an all tourney performance by a senior. Whitney may have been one of the five best players in the tournament but her play was not to that level in may opnion. My expectations are that she play at a much higher level and take better care of the basketball.

But then perhaps my expectations are too high as she has had 20 TO's in five games. I guess reducing them from five per game her first two times out to three per game at the tourney is a major improvement. But all tournament selection should not be based on improvement.

I don't know that an all-tournament team in this type of tournament says all that much. It seemed that OU was quite a bit better than the other teams in this tournament. If you are getting beat by 39 points, how many contenders for an all-tournament team do you have. It looked like OU could just about name the score against Oregon and Hawaii. Didn't see the Arkansas game. But, the players for Oregon and Hawaii weren't at the same level. As a result, about all that we can take away from this tournament is that we got some experience for some people who needed it. I wonder if the others on the all-tournament team could play for OU? There appeared to be that much difference in the caliber of player. Arkansas had a player who could play in the Big Twelve.

Many times, it seems as if they just take the leading scorers for all the teams and put them on the all tournament team. I don't think a lot of thought goes into who is going to be on an All-Tournament team.

Many times, it seems as if they just take the leading scorers for all the teams and put them on the all tournament team. I don't think a lot of thought goes into who is going to be on an All-Tournament team.

+1. I think this is exactly what happened.

I guess Stephanie had a year of eligibility left and played basketball (just like Carlee did by playing volleyball her last year). All the Ricketts' family are athletes so it's not surprising Stephanie is playing basketball. I think Kelani could probably be a pretty good forward too!

Back