Hollis Price to New Orleans

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Let's start the GrassRoots movement here. The Hornets seem to be cutting back salaries, and Hollis is a guy that would be cost effective for them. They're already looking to get rid of Julian Wright, Tyson Chandler, and anyone who costs too much to keep around. I wouldn't be suprised to hear David West's name thrown around. What N.O. needs to do is bring its native son home, and let OKC take the burden of paying Chris Paul off of their hands.

About gave me a heart attack. How about changing your thread title so it doesn't look like a declaration of fact?

Wouldn't it be awesome though. And quite frankly, I wouldnt be suprised to see lower budget teams take the KC Royals/Tampa Bay Devil Rays approach fiscally in signing players who may be below NBA standards to save money.

I would love to see him in the NBA. He has had a really successful Pro career ( same with Ebi Ere). He is also really popular over in Europe. It saddens me that I haven't every gotten to see him play as a pro.

Hollis will probably end up making more money in Europe than he will in the NBA. And the Hornets will never get rid of Chris Paul.

Wouldn't it be awesome though. And quite frankly, I wouldnt be suprised to see lower budget teams take the KC Royals/Tampa Bay Devil Rays approach fiscally in signing players who may be below NBA standards to save money.
MLB doesn't have a minimum teams salary requirement, so teams can spend as little as they wish. The NBA has a team salary floor equal to 75% of the salary cap. In addition, there is much more revenue sharing in MLB than the NBA, so each NBA team's financial success is more heavily self-dependent. In past years, there have been MLB teams whose payrolls are less than the amount they get from revenue sharing alone (roughly around $20-30 million); in the NBA the amount of money a team receives from revenue sharing is capped at around $6 million. The bottom line is that you can't run an NBA team on the cheap like that.

the hornets may not have a choice to get rid of CP when his contract is up. he might bolt.

New Orleans will end up in Seattle most likely.

That's the way it works.

Team demands new stadium, city refuses, team leaves, city builds new stadium, new team comes.

Let's start the GrassRoots movement here. The Hornets seem to be cutting back salaries, and Hollis is a guy that would be cost effective for them. They're already looking to get rid of Julian Wright, Tyson Chandler, and anyone who costs too much to keep around. I wouldn't be suprised to hear David West's name thrown around. What N.O. needs to do is bring its native son home, and let OKC take the burden of paying Chris Paul off of their hands.

I kind of doubt they are even remotely considering the last part about letting anyone take the burden of paying Chris Paul.

Back