Home Cookin

soonerstar

Reaction score
We have 7 straight home games coming up. Our next away game is Jan. 5 @ Fexas.

We kind of need some time at home to work some things out. We do have a fair test coming in since Vandy is usually pretty good. The schedule is a bit better from now on, not counting the UCLA surprise.

As I see it, Kornet is on the cusp of being a contributor. She has the talent and the aggression. She puts it together for a little run. But, she isn't quite there yet. We could use her when she puts it all together.

Portia would be valuable. At this time, she reminds me of someone who has been in competition that she can dominate, that she hasn't had to be precise in order to be the best. She makes a lot of little mistakes that appear to be due to the fact that she hasn't been at this level, against this level athlete. She seems to have the ability, just not the habits. She needs some time to get into the flow of D-1. She's a bit further away than Kornet.

These are the two that I think need some time. I think we pretty much know what to expect of everyone else. I don't know how much upside Maddie has, but I'm not even sure that we'll find out all that soon. I just have the feeling that if Maddie were asked to play pro ball, she would need a month or two in that competition to be ready to contribute. She adjusts so quickly. I don't see it coming to the front early. I wouldn't be surprised if she did something spectacular to lead us to an Elite Eight or Final Four or something once she has some feel for what she can do and we need for her to do.

Portia is key because we need her size and toughness.

It seems a bit (or a whole lot) premature to talk about Maddie being ready for the WNBA or leading us to a Final Four.

Back