How many more will OU sign?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Wouldnt surprise me to see Willie, Hardrick, and Allen not be back. At least 2 of the 3. Also wouldnt surprise me (based on the situation and his own comments) to not see Tiny come back. We know Willie, Crocker, and Wright are gone.

OU might need to sign 4 more guys.. Realistically, who are they? Guessing by how many times Goff and Poland have been on campus, I suspect they will be 2 of the possible 4. I think they are both contributors and would have 3 years to play if they make the grades in juco this year.

I have no idea who the other 1 or 2 will be...

Based on Coach's comments about Allen, how he helps so much in practice and the like, I doubt he'll be asked to transfer. I have no idea about Hardrick, and I doubt Willis will be asked to leave either. Capel recruited and signed those players. I don't think it's in his character to go and tell them to transfer. He might point them in that direction by leveling with them about lack of playing time and all that, but I doubt he will directly force them to leave unless they are problems off the court.

Realistically, I doubt that we will see Willie or Tiny back next year. We might see either Hardrick or Willis leave? But don't count it. I really hope that Capel realizes that Barry Honore is not going to be the answer for us in the post next year and doesn't give him one of the scholarships... We'll see.

I think we sign three more guys and it looks like they'll all three be juco's... I hope they pan out.

Spiff...

I think you might be right on Allen and Hardrick. As for Willis, after what Capel said about him yesterday on the postgame radio show (called him weak) I won't be surprised to see him move along.

That would give us four ships to use in the late period. If Willie comes back that cuts that back down to three, but who knows what's going on there. And then you have Tiny, whose future is a real mystery at this point.

There's just a lot of uncertainty to be worked through and we may not know how things are going to shake out for two more months until the late signing period begins. It's going to be a frustrating two months, that is for sure.

N'diaye is an absolute must-sign at this point, because he's apparently the best big man available, and we need big men bad even if Tiny returns. If I'm Capel, I'm pretty much guaranteeing him a starting spot and 25 mins a game at this point. That's how bad of a spot I think we're in.

there's a rumor going around that tony smith quit the team at seward county. i haven't seen anything to confirm that yet though.

there's a rumor going around that tony smith quit the team at seward county. i haven't seen anything to confirm that yet though.

I went to the Seward County website yesterday and he wasn't listed on the roster.

I figured it was just a mistake.

Guess not?

He was dismissed from the team last week.

So I guess Tony Smith would be more of the same. Capel has proven he's not like Huggins or Cal, someone who can turn around a bad apple.

I'm extremely puzzled by the fact that we have no visitors or recruiting activity. We have Poland and Goff practically living in the dorm room and we've had aziz, but we need alot more poles in the water to catch the type of fish we need.

I'm extremely puzzled by the fact that we have no visitors or recruiting activity. We have Poland and Goff practically living in the dorm room and we've had aziz, but we need alot more poles in the water to catch the type of fish we need.

I'm sure we're out there and actively looking for players. Problem is there's no one digging hard enough to get info on who we're after or our coaches aren't talking.

Smith wasn't dismissed from the team, he took off his jersey in the middle of practice and quit. Couldn't take he criticism he was getting from the coach and just quit the team.

Not a smart move.. Capel, Frank Martin, Travis Ford and a few others have come to see him. Mark Few was going to come next week. Guess it was good for these teams to find that out about him now instead of after he's on the team.

Smith wasn't dismissed from the team, he took off his jersey in the middle of practice and quit. Couldn't take he criticism he was getting from the coach and just quit the team.

Not a smart move.. Capel, Frank Martin, Travis Ford and a few others have come to see him. Mark Few was going to come next week. Guess it was good for these teams to find that out about him now instead of after he's on the team.

Wow, he wouldnt fit in well with Ford or Martin. Those guys are pretty tough on their players.

I sure hope you (bigabd) are wrong about Willis, Hardick, Allen, WW and Tiny all being gone next year. OU only has 11 guys on its roster and two graduate. That would be 63.6% turn over. You just can't have that. Bench players at least know how to practice, they how to do things the way OU Basketball does things. I don't see how OU would post a winning record next season with that type of turn over.

Personally, I hope they are all back. Orlondo Allen knows how to practice, he has been in Big XII games and he can be an asset to the team even if he is just a practice player. Willis also knows how to practice and has some pt. Even if he does nothing but practice he can be a valuable member of a baskteball team. I have no clue what the deal is with Hardrick but if OU gave him a scholarship and he works hard and stays out of trouble, I think OU should honor that scholarship.

As far as WW goes, I would love for OU to have him back but I don't think that is going to happen.

Back