How they SHOULD finish.

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
Just for the entertainment of the OUHOOPS crew, I went through all the schedules of the twelve Big 12 teams this year and came up with what their records would be if every team who SHOULD win, did. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the home team in most every case except extreme mismatches like Kansas playing at Nebraska and of course I had to make a few judgement calls.

Granted, I know upsets, even minor ones will happen such as a Texas A&M pulling out a home rivalry victory vs Texas or Missouri upsetting Kansas. I know this is not how they will finish, but if the better team/home team won every game, here's how it would come out.

Take it for what it's worth, which I'm sure is not much.

1. Texas (15-1) (I know, it's gross but they are loaded and get KU at home)
2. Kansas (15-1)
3. OU (12-4)
4. Kansas St (9-7)
5. OSU (6-10)
6. Texas A&M (6-10)
7. Iowa St (6-10)
8. Baylor (6-10)
9. Missouri (6-10)
10 Texas Tech (5-11)
11 Colorado (5-11)
12 Nebraska (5-11)

Total 96-96

If you have any questions as to who I had winning or losing games, just ask and we can start the debate!

Yeah, I hope we finish 12-4 but we would have to keep our streak going against Baylor and sweep them again, as well as avoiding upsets on the road at places like Boulder and Lincoln where we lost both games in 2007, Blake's freshman year.

I think 10-6 is more realistic. 12-4 would mean absolutely no slip-ups and holding court at home.

I think Baylor will be better than 6-10 (DFW's kool aid is starting to tast good), Pokes as well.

Just for the entertainment of the OUHOOPS crew, I went through all the schedules of the twelve Big 12 teams this year and came up with what their records would be if every team who SHOULD win, did. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the home team in most every case except extreme mismatches like Kansas playing at Nebraska and of course I had to make a few judgement calls.

Granted, I know upsets, even minor ones will happen such as a Texas A&M pulling out a home rivalry victory vs Texas or Missouri upsetting Kansas. I know this is not how they will finish, but if the better team/home team won every game, here's how it would come out.

Take it for what it's worth, which I'm sure is not much.

1. Texas (15-1) (I know, it's gross but they are loaded and get KU at home)
2. Kansas (15-1)
3. OU (12-4)
4. Kansas St (9-7)
5. OSU (6-10)
6. Texas A&M (6-10)
7. Iowa St (6-10)
8. Baylor (6-10)
9. Missouri (6-10)
10 Texas Tech (5-11)
11 Colorado (5-11)
12 Nebraska (5-11)

Total 96-96

If you have any questions as to who I had winning or losing games, just ask and we can start the debate!

I'll take the under on 12-4.

I think Baylor will be better than 6-10 (DFW's kool aid is starting to tast good), Pokes as well.

I agree both Baylor and OSU should be better than 6-10. I was surprised when it came out 6-10. But when you look at the schedule it's pretty tough.

Here's where the 10 losses came from.

1. Kansas in Stillwater
2. Texas in Stillwater
3-10 The 8 road games.

Their 3 road games against the North are at Kansas ST. Iowa State and Missouri. They could win or lose any of those 3 games, but I gave the advantage to the home teams. Thats why I got 6-10, not 9-7.

On the other hand, if the Pokes lost at home to OU for the 3rd year in a row, they would be 5-11. So who knows.

You're a good man soonersam! As capelfan52 brought up... UT, OSU and A&M all have to go to Mizzou, Iowa St and KSt for North road games. The big12 is too good for any team to win more than 13.

OU, Baylor and Tech definitely have the more favorable Northern draw this year and should be factored accordingly.

I could see this year being dissappointing for Oklahoma State, and could also see them having a losing record in the Big 12; however, 6 wins seems a little low [noting that they did get a tough draw for their road games against the North].

Name the six.

-Nebraska in Boulder
-Nebraska in Lincoln
-Kansas State in Boulder
-Texas Tech in Boulder
-EITHER MIZZOU OR OKLAHOMA IN BOULDER
-EITHER IOWA STATE OR BAYLOR IN BOULDER

Colorado has a team that will be dramatically improved this year... They return all important players (who were all freshman and sophomores) that lost to K-State in overtime, Texas in overtime, lost to Oklahoma by 5 in Norman, lost to Kansas by 5 in Lawrence, lost to Nebraska by 5 in Lincoln, and lost to A&M by 6 in Boulder.

They wont be a great team or anything, but they will win some of those close games this year and should be good enough to beat some people at home... They also added some legit talent with Marcus Relphorde, Shannon Sharpe, Shane Tunks, Alec Burks, and Keegan Hornbuckle that will make them deeper and certainly more athletic and talented. Bzdelik said all newcomers will play.. It really was a great recruiting class for a team that went 1-15 last year.

Last edited:
ABD,
Do you think Colorado will be playing in the postseason? If not, I dont see why it matters whether they win 6 games or 3.

I wonder if 6-10 would get them into the CBI? These days nearly every team in the NIT is a 20-game winner.

-Nebraska in Boulder Yes
-Nebraska in Lincoln No
-Kansas State in Boulder Maybe
-Texas Tech in Boulder Maybe
-EITHER MIZZOU OR OKLAHOMA IN BOULDER Neither
-EITHER IOWA STATE OR BAYLOR IN BOULDER Sure

:)

ABD,
Do you think Colorado will be playing in the postseason? If not, I dont see why it matters whether they win 6 games or 3.

I have a bet with BigTime.

He has a bet riding on it.

This. Thank you.

Back