How to improve OU fan support for the NCAA Tourney

Darwin

Reaction score
I hope BigTime and anyone that can get the ear of the A D will take the best ideas from this board to promote attendance and support during the tourney.

Just to throw something out there.
A contest so 4 students with good home attendance win road trips. At every home game this is announced during a time out and includes a message to encourage all Sooner fans to make plans to support the team on the road come March.

The AD could partially subsidize or at least organize bus travel to the site. Making it easier for fans with more modest means to make the trip. Promote the bus trips during games.

I hope BigTime and anyone that can get the ear of the A D will take the best ideas from this board to promote attendance and support during the tourney.

Just to throw something out there.
A contest so 4 students with good home attendance win road trips. At every home game this is announced during a time out and includes a message to encourage all Sooner fans to make plans to support the team on the road come March.

The AD could partially subsidize or at least organize bus travel to the site. Making it easier for fans with more modest means to make the trip. Promote the bus trips during games.

Those are both good ideas, especially if we play close to home. The only problem I can see is that you have no idea where you are going to play until a week before the season starts. How difficult would it be to set up charter trips on that basis?

We don't know where we play in the tourney but we'll have a very good idea that we play somewhere, that is where the athletic dept. could pony up to have buses reserved for wherever. But I'm just asking that we pitch ideas and someone could present the best to the athletic department.

Back