I can finally honestly say

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
that this team is good enough for the NIT and has an outside chance at the dance if the chips fall our way.

I am so very happy to now be able to say that.

I still don't think they are an NCAA Tournament team unless they catch fire and beat a bunch of ranked opponents, but tonight was a good showing on the road.

The NIT seems like a possibility now though... Need some more wins obviously but a 3 point loss in College Station is nothing to be ashamed of.

You know we should have had that game. I hate losing, but at least we didn't get blown out like half of the people on this board said we would. This team is starting to respond when it needs to. Now is not the time to give up on them. I was very impressed with the effort coming out of the half. We need to get this tech game bad. The key is for guys to realize that our team is on the cusp of breaking out. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I still don't think they are an NCAA Tournament team unless they catch fire and beat a bunch of ranked opponents, but tonight was a good showing on the road.

The NIT seems like a possibility now though... Need some more wins obviously but a 3 point loss in College Station is nothing to be ashamed of.

I am not saying that we are a NCAA tourney team, but I couldn't say with a clear mind that we were a legit NIT team until tonight. I saw what I needed to see....our guys playing a good half of basketball on the road and doing it with defense and team work.

I am not saying that we are a NCAA tourney team, but I couldn't say with a clear mind that we were a legit NIT team until tonight. I saw what I needed to see....our guys playing a good half of basketball on the road and doing it with defense and team work.

I agree....until tonight, I didn't think we were an NIT team. Things seem to be coming together. I just hope we can steal a few on the road (Tech, CU, Nebraska) and we will definitely be playing ball in mid-March.

9 conference victories get's us to the Dance.

I really think that OU needs 10 to dance. The nonconference schedule/results didn't do the Sooners any favors despite how strong the Big 12 is this year.

I really think that OU needs 10 to dance. The nonconference schedule/results didn't do the Sooners any favors despite how strong the Big 12 is this year.

Depending on the combination of wins it could take 9, or maybe 10. I agree.

If we don't win the next three games, we have about a 1% chance of Dancing. If we do win the next 3, that percentage is probably 15 or so.

We're just not in good shape. Bad OOC. Bad losses. No good wins. We aren't going to win on the road. We aren't going to be really good in our last 10 b/c of the schedule. We just don't have much going for us. And I hate to say all that, b/c I wanted to believe we still had a shot. We don't deserve it though. We haven't had a good enough season.

I wonder if we need 11 wins.

K-State didn't get in with 10 wins two years ago, I think.

that this team is good enough for the NIT and has an outside chance at the dance if the chips fall our way.

I am so very happy to now be able to say that.

Yeah, I was definitely worried about a week ago that we were headed for the CBI or whatever the hell it's called because we wouldn't even make the NIT.

As for the NCAA, we have to win out at home and also win at Nebraska, Colorado and Tech. I give us about a 5 percent chance of doing that. We're improving, but still too inconsistent to pull that off.

Yeah, I was definitely worried about a week ago that we were headed for the CBI or whatever the hell it's called because we wouldn't even make the NIT.

As for the NCAA, we have to win out at home and also win at Nebraska, Colorado and Tech. I give us about a 5 percent chance of doing that. We're improving, but still too inconsistent to pull that off.

btw, i haven't forgotten about your halftime prediction. i mean, i guess technically you were wrong but it was nice prognosticating nonetheless.

This is far too early to speculate, but I think 9 wins plus a win in the Big 12 tourn. gets us in. Even though our non-conf performance was abyssmal, I think 9 wins probably gets us in.....given the relative strength of the conference. But we can't afford to have any more bad losses (to teams with 100+ rpi).

This team will make the NIT....as for the NCAA, no chance in my opinion. Schedule is too tough down the stretch and our non-conference is horrendous. A win tonight would have been huge because it would of shown as a road win against a team we would have been competing for a NCAA berth for.

This team will make the NIT....as for the NCAA, no chance in my opinion. Schedule is too tough down the stretch and our non-conference is horrendous. A win tonight would have been huge because it would of shown as a road win against a team we would have been competing for a NCAA berth for.

Not a definitive statement that could have been made before tonight in my opinion.

I don't think that our fans should be thinking NCAA this year. It would be a huge bonus imo.

As much as this one hurt, no one can possibly say that this team is not better now than they were two weeks ago. And as I said after the Gonzaga game, that's all I'm looking for from this team. I just want to see improvement, and I have seen it.

As much as this one hurt, no one can possibly say that this team is not better now than they were two weeks ago. And as I said after the Gonzaga game, that's all I'm looking for from this team. I just want to see improvement, and I have seen it.

That's how I feel, the selfish side of me wants a NCAA tourney berth and wins, but I have to be realistic. Really proud of the way these guys played tonight, any other talk besides improvement is garbage.

We need 9 wins (including beating Texas once Kansas State) and probably a run in the Big 12 tournament that would go to the finals. We'd need 10 to go without a run to the finals. The only other exception I see is that if we were a top 4 team in conference with 9 wins (which is unlikely, but holding a tiebreak vs. Mizzou helps and if we get 9 wins, I would think K State would be one and that would also be a tiebreak), then we might be able to sneak in so long as we play Kansas or Texas tough in the semis.

I just don't see it happening. But I guess we can hope and with a game like tonight it's not absolutely implausible.

Back