I know everyone is down on this year...

Fergilicious

Reaction score
But, this was still awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doCHJTH2y74&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Nobody's down on Crocker, thats for sure. The guy has ended up having one of the better careers in OU bball history.

With the title of this thread I thought it might have some video of us beating Texas or OSU this year. Those are the two best things that I'll take out of this season. Always good to beat your rivals, even on a down year.

What strikes me about that video is the difference in the maturity and work ethic of that group of players vs this one. Even looking at the bench. When Crock hits the three you see Leary, Cade and Taylor being super pumped, not sitting there pouting about their playing time. Neysmith was never into it, probably why he didnt stick around.

Then of course on the floor you had Longar, AJ, Godbold and Crocker to go with Blake Griffin. Funny because at the time I saw faults with so many of those players, but now I would kill to trade most of these guys for those just because they gave more effort and had better attitudes most of the time, and they were tougher. Maybe not as talented, but more mature.

What strikes me about that video is the difference in the maturity and work ethic of that group of players vs this one. Even looking at the bench. When Crock hits the three you see Leary, Cade and Taylor being super pumped, not sitting there pouting about their playing time. Neysmith was never into it, probably why he didnt stick around.

Then of course on the floor you had Longar, AJ, Godbold and Crocker to go with Blake Griffin. Funny because at the time I saw faults with so many of those players, but now I would kill to trade most of these guys for those just because they gave more effort and had better attitudes most of the time, and they were tougher. Maybe not as talented, but more mature.

In order you listed players you have Soph (crocker), Jr. (Leary), Freshman (Cade) Jr (Taylor) Freshman (Neysmith), Sr. (Longar), Jr. (AJ), Sr. Godbold, Sophomore (Crocker), Freshman (Blake). Two of the three freshman are pretty special guys. Blake Griffin is simply one of (and always will be) ever to play at OU. Cade Davis is a local kid that loves OU and works as hard as anyone to ever play at OU (think Hollis Price, Ryan Minor, Eduardo Najerra, etc.).

The fact of the matter is they are more mature. You have 5 upper classmen on that team compared to 4 on this years team. Additionally, they had young guys in Griffin and Davis that are just not typical. (Don't forget that Tony did a year of prep school so he is a year older)

Back