I need a current recruiting summary

j2d2

Reaction score
Where are we and what's the timeline on decisions on those we are after?

bump. I would say ask jessiew, but I don't think anyone on the board speaks asianonics.

Where are we and what's the timeline on decisions on those we are after?

I think that's impossible to know at this point. Terrence Jones will likely go on for a few more months. Lamb is the same. The new OU targets have not really come out of the woodwork yet, but they should come to light over the next few weeks. I hope to have a recruiting breakdown before Christmas and we'll likely start pumping out some recruiting updates in the following weeks, as well.

It's just a slow time, all around, for recruiting right now with the basketball season just recently kicking off (both college and high school). Things will start to shake out soon, though, don't you worry!

I think Capel is going to go after a lot of guys. He's going to make this competitive to light some fires.

Where are you getting that from? I think there is a better chance that the Sooners will only sign 4 guys.

Al asked Jeff if he was going to sign anymore players. Capel's response was a chuckle and saying "we're going to sign alot more players". To me, that was an indication of some wholesale changes in next years roster.

Al asked Jeff if he was going to sign anymore players. Capel's response was a chuckle and saying "we're going to sign alot more players". To me, that was an indication of some wholesale changes in next years roster.

I would agree. I highly doubt everyone is back.

I disagree with you. The only guy that might not be here next year is Ray Willis, but that is just speculation at this point. Ray really likes it at OU, and may not want to transfer.

Coach Capel is not the type to ask folks to leave. I am sorry if that is what you want, but he is not going to be like Ford in that regard.

Let's face it, there just aren't a lot of good JUCOs out there this year, and I don't think Coach is going to get bodies just fill roster space. I think it is TJones and two other posts (at least one of them being JUCO). The 5th guy could be Lamb or McCallum, but both seem unlikely imo.

If we don't land Jones, then I just think you will see two posts to go along with two really talented wing guys that have already signed.

Another possibility could be a D1 transfer....

OU is already in on some of the top talent in the 2011 class, and the 2012 local and Texas class is going to be really good. I doubt you see Coach Capel just taking bodies to fill ships.

I disagree with you. The only guy that might not be here next year is Ray Willis, but that is just speculation at this point. Ray really likes it at OU, and may not want to transfer.

Coach Capel is not the type to ask folks to leave. I am sorry if that is what you want, but he is not going to be like Ford in that regard.

Let's face it, there just aren't a lot of good JUCOs out there this year, and I don't think Coach is going to get bodies just fill roster space. I think it is TJones and two other posts (at least one of them being JUCO). The 5th guy could be Lamb or McCallum, but both seem unlikely imo.

If we don't land Jones, then I just think you will see two posts to go along with two really talented wing guys that have already signed.

OU is already in on some of the top talent in the 2011 class, and the 2012 local and Texas class is going to be really good. I doubt you see Coach Capel just taking bodies to fill ships.

I don't know Coach Capel, so you probably have one up on me in regards to that. I have seen him hang in there on alot of players like Keith Clark and Omar Leary. Judging by the fact that he didn't get rid of Ray last year indicates to me that he really likes the kid. However, the lone statement that Capel made gave me the impression that OU is going to get alot more players. One thing that we aren't taking into account is the possibility of Honore being a scholarship athlete. It's obvious to you and Henzo that their are recruits that have not been brought to light. You guys are probably going to see some new faces on the sidelines visiting. I would love for one of you guys to find out about Shavon Coleman. He is listing OU and Texas as his top two.

THIBODAUX 59, NEW IBERIA 45 (BOYS)

At Thibodaux, Shavon Coleman scored a game-high 28 points to lead Thibodaux to a nondistrict win on Tuesday night.

The Tigers (5-3) led 14-8 after the first quarter and extended it to 32-20 at halftime. They led 38-28 after three quarters.

Alvin George chipped in 13 points for Thibodaux.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/basketball/recruiting/player-Shavon-Coleman-91568

In the bolded statement, you're preaching to the choir.

I remember back in the summer that capel was on als show and said he plans on signing 5 or six players in his recruiting class. This means we should be hearing some names sometime soon for those type of scholarships remaining.

I would hate OU to have any coaches that did that. If the University gives a kid a scholarship and the kid practices and makes his grades, OU should honor the scholarship. There is more to life than winning. OU can win and be honoroable at the same time.

I completely agree with Denver. I would much rather have a coach that honors scholarships. If you try to honor scholarships, it will still work competitively because scholarships will be awarded more carefully.

Back