I think we should start the 4 freshmen.

SoonersRule

Banned
Reaction score
I know Crocker and etc. have been in the line up for a few years. They are just too damn inconsistent. We need to start building for the future.

Here is my SL.

PG-Tommy Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Steve Pledger
PF-Andrew Fitzgerald
C-Tiny Gallon

i feel the same, and i think it will happen it just will be later in the season as the players get more acclimated to the college game. then we will see 4 freshmen starting.

Not a bad idea though I don't see it happening. I think coach will want Crocks experience in the line up for the first road game because Tony has paid his dues so to speak and because without Cade and Crock's leadership against ULM we might have crumbled early in that game. Still, it wouldn't suprise me to see that line up once the freshman have settled in some more. That would be a lot of talent on the floor once that happens.

Barring injuries, it won't happen this year. It just doesn't make good basketball sense.

No, definitely not. You don't always start your 5 best players.

Maybe later in the year you start Fitz over Wright, but not now. Wright played better last game anyway.

IMO, Crocker will start all year regardless of how many points he averages, which I think will be around 10. His defense and leadership are valuable.

No, definitely not. You don't always start your 5 best players.

Maybe later in the year you start Fitz over Wright, but not now. Wright played better last game anyway.

IMO, Crocker will start all year regardless of how many points he averages, which I think will be around 10. His defense and leadership are valuable.

This.

Yea, we have to realize that Pledger and Fitz need to be more of a complete player before they can start. Crocker and Wright have game experience (especially when we go on the road) and at this point play better D which is important when we have Willie and 2 other freshman out there.

I am Pledger's #1 fan, but even I want to see him continue to come off the bench and be a spark plug this year while learning to be an all around player.

OU needs Crocker to be a leader. Willie cannot do everything. Tony Crocker being a leader as a four starter is a big help to the team and relieves Willie Warren of some of the burdens. Honestly, there are not many people in the entire conference with the amount of experience that Tony has. Damion James is about the only guy I can think of but their may be a couple of other 4 year starters. Guys like Collins and Muonelo don't have as much experience (Collins wasn't a starter and Obi got hurt and missed most of his sophomore year).

Plus what has Crocker done that suggests he should be on the bench? The guy has averaged about 10 points a game all three seasons and shot a respectable percentage from 3. Pledger is doing a great job coming off the bench. Why mess that up?

Looking forward from the beginning, this quite possibly could of been the most predictable thread of the 2009-10 season.

Yeah, I am out of my mind b/c I think we should build for the future and sit the players who are too inconsistent. :rolleyes:

You're right, I have no clue.

Have you really seen enough out of the freshmen to call them consistent? I love the potential of all four, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

Yeah, I am out of my mind b/c I think we should build for the future and sit the players who are too inconsistent. :rolleyes:

The freshmen are getting plenty of burn to develop, they'll be fine. Crocker plays a vital role, he's earned his keep.

Mrs., was referring to the fact that posters would start a thread like this during the season based on what the frosh were doing.

Who in their right mind would start "building for the future" on an undefeated team?

The coaches are just going to evaluate each practice and each game and start whoever is best qualified RIGHT NOW. That's what good coaches do at every level.

I say no because even when Tony isn't producing on offense. He will still play with lots of intensity on defense i.e. Michigan game from the tournament last year. Coach Capel knows that the senior leadership is needed. I think he also knows that Crock will come around offensively. It's just a matter of time. For those who don't know much about Pledge and Fitz. Get ready because this is only the beginning. As the season goes on they will get better and show us more of their complete game. Pledger is not only a shooter, but a glue man as well. He will do whatever it takes for his team to win. The other night Drew had a bad matchup. His effort is his forte. He will only get better. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Mrs., was referring to the fact that posters would start a thread like this during the season based on what the frosh were doing.

Gotcha! So if they all have a bad game, someone will want to bench them all! :ez-laugh:

I thought this too until the first 10 minutes of the LMonroe game when they all looked shell-shocked.

Thats when I knew that Tony Crocker, Ryan Wright and Cade Davis were going to be important to this team. They all play defense and are tough. We need at least 1 or 2 of them on the floor at all times.

We need the four freshmen and their wonderful talents to go along with Tony, Cade, and Ryan. It would sure be nice if Orlando could get out of the dog house and into the games for some post presence and rebounds. I think Tiny will only get better, but we really need Ryan and Orlando to make contributions to this team. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

TC has been a consistent player:
always gives great effort gives good D and is a leader ... basketball is not just about shooting

Back