I think we should start the 4 freshmen.

Something for those who's basketball insights say no, the lineup that started the last game played poorly in the beginning of the game. I think Wright and Crocker both eventually played well the other night. Nevertheless, when you see Wright calling for the ball down low and no teammates willing to pass him the ball, that tells you something. When you have Tony missing his first two 3 point shots and then thDoe team has something like 10 points after the first 12 minutes of the game, that tells you something.

Fitz may not be ready, but Pledger is and we are a better team with him in the lineup.

I remain fascinated with the "you don't always start your 5 best". If you basketball guys leaned this from playing, I'd have to say you had too many balls bounce off your head. Do NBA teams sit one of their 5 best to start or finish games? How many final four teams do you see with one of their best players playing a supporting role. The only reason I can see for this approach is if you have no depth which may be the case for many college teams including this one at OU.

I say no because even when Tony isn't producing on offense. He will still play with lots of intensity on defense i.e. Michigan game from the tournament last year. Coach Capel knows that the senior leadership is needed. I think he also knows that Crock will come around offensively. It's just a matter of time. For those who don't know much about Pledge and Fitz. Get ready because this is only the beginning. As the season goes on they will get better and show us more of their complete game. Pledger is not only a shooter, but a glue man as well. He will do whatever it takes for his team to win. The other night Drew had a bad matchup. His effort is his forte. He will only get better. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!
This.

Crocker makes the point that defense is important. Besides, I don't think the freshmen are that steady yet. Crocker has off nights shooting, but not on defense.

Something for those who's basketball insights say no, the lineup that started the last game played poorly in the beginning of the game. I think Wright and Crocker both eventually played well the other night. Nevertheless, when you see Wright calling for the ball down low and no teammates willing to pass him the ball, that tells you something. When you have Tony missing his first two 3 point shots and then thDoe team has something like 10 points after the first 12 minutes of the game, that tells you something.

Fitz may not be ready, but Pledger is and we are a better team with him in the lineup.

I remain fascinated with the "you don't always start your 5 best". If you basketball guys leaned this from playing, I'd have to say you had too many balls bounce off your head. Do NBA teams sit one of their 5 best to start or finish games? How many final four teams do you see with one of their best players playing a supporting role. The only reason I can see for this approach is if you have no depth which may be the case for many college teams including this one at OU.

You start your 5 best all around players. Yea Pledger can light it up more then Crocker, but Crocker can D it up more then Pledger at this point. In your example of us having 10 points after the first 12 minutes, ULM also only had around 12 points as well because even though the guys on the court maybe struggling scoring they are at least playing D and making sure the other team isn't getting easy baskets. With the frosh out there, when they start to struggle offensively, it will also make them struggle on the defensive side of the ball just because they don't have the experience yet.

i like pledger off the bench as the vinnie microwave johnson instant points guy....more dangerous that way

i think fitz might start eventually, but i think its the right 5 right now

wright looked a little more athletic last game, and you could tell the guys were trying to get him pumped after those dunks......doesn't have the best touch around the rim

i like pledger off the bench as the vinnie microwave johnson instant points guy....more dangerous that way

i think fitz might start eventually, but i think its the right 5 right now

wright looked a little more athletic last game, and you could tell the guys were trying to get him pumped after those dunks......doesn't have the best touch around the rim

I want Fitz to get as much game as possible. However, Ryan Wright's PT is almost guaranteed due to matchups.

Danny Green vs. Marcus Ginyard (of the healthy variety).

We've been over this before.

Back