Im not sure what to take from this....

I know this is not a Tournament team, i know it is a borderline NIT team...

When i watch now i just enjoy the game and evaluating our young talent...i see a guy like TMG starting to become more assertive and i see guys like Pledger and Willis getting a chance to touch the court and break from that bench mentality where you play stiff and tight...

Cade is really blossoming into a nice player for this program, he gives the same effort each night even though the results might not always be the same as far as scoring...

Our defense is a result of guys getting beat and no help...people in the stands crack me up because they moan and groan but what has changed? they are playing harder, it just seems to me that some players havent learned proper position defense and havent developed the instincts yet...result of being a young player...

I just had a great time at the game last night with my son and i am taking it for that, at this point i see them competing and that is all that anyone can ask for...we are going to see some good games and bad ones but it looks like the terrible performances from earlier are fading away and hopefully will not return...

I know this is not a Tournament team, i know it is a borderline NIT team...

we are going to see some good games and bad ones but it looks like the terrible performances from earlier are fading away and hopefully will not return...

Amen on the improved performance; but, I'd like to think that the team will finish better than a borderline NIT team, though you may be right.

I just had a great time at the game last night with my son and i am taking it for that, at this point i see them competing and that is all that anyone can ask for...we are going to see some good games and bad ones but it looks like the terrible performances from earlier are fading away and hopefully will not return...

Pretty much how I approach every game now, wins are not the main objective (but they are nice!)

The liability is now on Capel to get some more players in this program who can contribute.

The good thing about a winning a game with two starters missing is the boost to the confidence of players who don't usually get to play very much. Because of their success in this game, they'll practice better and hopefully, it will show on the court.

The good thing about a winning a game with two starters missing is the boost to the confidence of players who don't usually get to play very much. Because of their success in this game, they'll practice better and hopefully, it will show on the court.

I agree with you 100%. That is an excellent point!

I just do not understand how some people can say I just "hope" we are a bubble team. This year to me has been a let down. We started out top 20 in the nation....Most people on this board picked us to be in the top 5 in conference.
Almost every team we play (about 80%) we have the best pg (TMG), the best all around scorer (Warren), the best post player (gallon), and a really good defender (Crocker)

I am not sure what has gone on this year, but it seems to me we should have a much better record with those pieces to the puzzle. Although I think Capel will be a better coach because of this year and I think he is a great coach, I cannot let him off the hook for this year....I have seen little coaching, our defense still is not good and we have no real offensive identity.

Everyone it seems was picking us to be a top 20 team, and now we are no were near that and yet people are saying Capel is doing a good job this year?

Back