Introducing Liz Scott

I’m looking forward to seeing Scott play... her favorite player is Candace Parker, and I’ve seen her get the rebound and go... she’s listed at 6’2 and definitely has a power game, if she can be anything like a poor man’s Candace Parker, we could have our starting center for the next 4 years...

Some people might feel like she’s on the smaller side, but if she has the heart, the want to, and is willing to bang inside, she and Madi could be the most athletic front court we have had in a while...

We seem to be recruiting several like Madi and Liz.

We seem to be recruiting several like Madi and Liz.

I noticed that also... Jenkins is maybe a wing or power forward, but would probably play strictly in the post at OU, similar to Madi, Dee, and Liz... basketball is becoming pretty much position-less, so having a hybrid/ Combo forward playing in 5 is the new norm that’s why I think a front court of 6’1 Madi and 6’2 Liz could have some success and probably be the most athletic front court OU has ever had. Baylor, Kansas St, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma St, and Texas Tech are really the only Big12 teams with great size, meaning impact players over 6’4, yes that might be half of the league, but there are a few question marks when it comes to both Collier of Texas and Mack Oklahoma St...
if healthy Liz and Madi should be able to hold down the paint in the Big12...

https://youtu.be/4lFrB_-2mJI

Here is a old full game highlight of Klien Oaks from 2018, Scott is number 22 in black... she looks like a bigger guard, but if she can guard in the post, I’m sure she can play some small ball center for OU.

What would you guess are the actual heights? My guesses:
Madi 5'11
Lanusa 5'11
Simpson 6
Lampkin 6'1
Bloom 6'2
Scott 6
Murcer 5'6
Taylor 5'8
Veit 5'9
Gregory 5'11

What would you guess are the actual heights? My guesses:
Madi 5'11
Lanusa 5'11
Simpson 6
Lampkin 6'1
Bloom 6'2
Scott 6
Murcer 5'6
Taylor 5'8
Veit 5'9
Gregory 5'11

The official OU roster list Tatum as an inch taller than both Taylor and Jessi. My observation from attending all of the home games last year is Taylor is a good 1-2 inches taller than both Tatum and Jessi. It could be that Taylor is still growing.

Back