Is Cam Clark still visiting this weekend?

I dont think he will go to OSU either, but I dont understand why anyone has a problem with how Ford is recruiting as far as taking the best players and making room. If I am hired at a new company as the boss and there are people there that can be replaced then I clean house and replace them with my type of employee's. Sean Sutton recruited a lot of players just to fill space because he struck out on some of the ones he really wanted. As an OSU fan I have no problem at all with Akol being asked to leave if someone obviously better comes along...after all, would you guys want him on your roster?? No way. Am I wrong here? I agree with you DM...this years class will be a lot better. I am thinking that only a few of the recruits from last year make it until the end of their career at OSU. Ford recruited that class behind the 8 ball. But that is what happens when you take over what had become a train wreck of a program...you make changes from top to bottom. Ford is ****y and I understand completely why OU fans wouldnt like him, but as an OSU fan I am excited for the future. OU (obviously) and OSU seem to be in good hands.

You bring up some good points. I'm split on this and don't think it's as cut and dry as some think and really nobody knows each situation except those close to it. I have no problem with a coach talking to a kid and telling him he's probably not ever going to play. In fact, if I'm that kid I would appreciate hearing that, not like it, but appreciate it. Then it would be up to me to leave and I think in most cases the kid would. I don't consider that a coach getting rid of a player.
Now if a coach blatantly tells a kid to leave that has done his part and wants to stay I have a problem with. On the flip side I have no problem with a coach telling a kid to leave if the kid hasn't owned up to his side of the bargain. If he's not a hardworker, if he's had off the court issues, if he's not a team guy, etc etc.
Again, I don't think anyone knows these individual cases by case instances except those close to it.

Back