Is OU recruiting Tony Mitchell?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
The guy seems to be still wide open. Is he a guy that OU would be looking at offering? From all accounts he seems to be a poor mans Terrence Jones.

i'm not sure you want ou to recruit tony mitchell.

OU is certainly staying in contact with Tony, but I am not sure how serious the talks are...

Mitchell has an unreal amount of talent and potential, and a Big 12 ready body to boot. With Tony, its all about keeping his attitude in check and learning to be a team guy.

With Tony, its all about keeping his attitude in check and learning to be a team guy.

mitchell seems like a great guy to me. i don't think he has any sort of attitude issues.

the only problems with mitchell are off the court. and not that he's a bad person type off the court stuff. just that a) tony isn't the only person you need to recruit, and b) he's been moved around a lot in hs. his transcript isn't a slum dunk to qualify.

In a recent interview, he said he had a Big 12 school at the top of his list. In that article, his long list of schools he was interested in included both Missouri and OU.

In a separate article, he listed a top six. Missouri was the only Big 12 school on that top six.

He also mentioned Pressey was recruiting him hard right now.

DM- the Metroplex Hoops link basically said the same as what Sawyer said. Hope he can get qualified- seems like a good kid with tremendous talent as a basketball player. I would be surprised if he does though unless he commits to UK- then it will be a slam dunk for his academics to be in good order.

Metroplex Hoops link:

Just as I walked outside to pick up the morning paper, DeSoto power forward Keith Davis shoots me a text, "Glenn I'm an Aggie". Last week at the GASO he reported that he was down to Texas and Texas A&M, and the Aggies got the call this morning of his decision. More coming later today.

Florida International made a journey back to metroplex as they had an in-home visit with Tony Mitchell of Pinkston. Looks like Isaiah Thomas and Co. are determined to get a Dallas/Fort Worth area kid. With a top four of FIU, Georgetown, Marquette, and Missouri, a decision may be imminent. Look for local floor general Phil Pressey (ESD) to start politicing for the Missouri Tigers.

Wichita Falls Hirschi super athlete Richard Ross took an official visit to the University of Arkansas at Little Rock this weekend.

The Baylor Bears entertained Lincoln studs, Keaton Miles and LeBryan Nash this weekend for their football game against Kent State.

TCU had a big weekend as they played host A.J. Price (The Colony), Daylon "Chucky" Guy (FW Eastern Hills), Darius Singleton (Sacshe), and Papa Samba (Montverde). The 11th ranked Horned Frogs played local rival SMU in Fort Worth.

The top six was from a rivals article.

In the same article, his mom said that top six was final and no outsiders would be getting involved. I think the six were Missouri, Georgetown, Cincinatti, FIU, North Texas and Marquette.

Back