Is the Great Alaskan Shootout on TV?

I just don't think this game is going to be broadcast live on Drect TV. It doesn't show up on the guide for Fox College Sports (channel 617).

I think I've seen on another thread that there are multiple FCS's. Anyone know?

Yeah, I know that I have 3 of them. West, Central, and East or something.
None of mine are showing the game live according to the guide.
Hopefully there will be a stream.

I have DTV. I do not currently subscribe to the sports pack, but will if it is not blacked out. Does anyone know if it will be blacked out in Ok?

Apparently Cox doesn't even really know when the game is starting. They have 10:30-12:45 blocked off as men's basketball and then 12:45-1:30 as men's basketball. Hopefully it doesn't end up like the VCU game where Cox shows a half and then switches to Red Bull aerial tricks. It was a shame because the Cox 7 feed looked way better than the KSBI feed. KSBI feeds always look like you have 10 layers of dirt on your tv screen and makes it hard to see where the ball actually is.

Yeah, that really pissed me off. I called Cox when that happened and boom, 30 minutes later they switched back to the game that they had started with. :(

Apparently Cox doesn't even really know when the game is starting. They have 10:30-12:45 blocked off as men's basketball and then 12:45-1:30 as men's basketball. Hopefully it doesn't end up like the VCU game where Cox shows a half and then switches to Red Bull aerial tricks. It was a shame because the Cox 7 feed looked way better than the KSBI feed. KSBI feeds always look like you have 10 layers of dirt on your tv screen and makes it hard to see where the ball actually is.

According to my guide Cox is showing the Wa State vs. Alaska Anchorage game during that slot. :)

Not showing up on Comcast(Houston). :( (to clarify it is not showing up on the guide for tomorrow night)

This Alaska tournament used to be a bigger deal and was shown on ESPN in years past right?

Yeah, it used to be on ESPN and a much bigger deal. This year they couldn't even get eight teams. ESPN started owning events and between those and the prominent ones that they already had, Alaska got cut out. I'm not sure when we committed to the tournament--hopefully before it lost stature.

The big problem for the tournament was the repeal of the rule that you could only play in an exempt tournament twice in four years (I think that was the time limitation). That meant that more tournaments popped up with the increased demand and most are closer than Alaska (Maui isn't, but let's be honest--the beach in November sounds better than Anchorage). As teams stopped going to Alaska and going to more "destination" locales (such as Maui, New York, or Las Vegas) or cheaper locales (such as Kansas City), there just wasn't the demand to show weaker teams late at night.

The game isn't on my u-verse guide, but I still believe it will be on one of the 3 FCS channels tonight, the next game, and final. At least I hope so.

Did anyone call directv to see if the game is really being tape delayed or if the guide is wrong and it is being shown live? TIA

According to DirecTV, it's not on their schedule tonight. Of course, she was probably doing the same thing we are all doing and looking at the guide, so who the hell knows. This is crap, though. Amazing how fast this tournament has fallen. And frankly, an injustice by ESPN. For all the good they've done with this week, it's a shame to let the Great Alaska Shootout fade away.

Well, I'm watching the Wazzu - Alaska Anchorage game on Fox College Sports Pacific right now.

However, they don't show that the OU game will follow it, even though Sooner Sports claimed FCS would be broadcasting it... None of the three FCS channels show it on their guides.

Back