It's not often that I agree with Tramel

coolm

Reaction score
but about the Clipper's I stand with him resolute....near anyone but the Clippers would be fine.

It's not bad sportsmanship or some kind of joke. It's not even an issue of the money. They are just a horrible franchise that ruins careers.

It would be worth losing a year of basketball to ensure that Blake NEVER played for the Clips. Easily.

Nah, I think that would be the classless thing to do. And the Griffin's ooze class.
It's only 3 years and he can bolt. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Yep what Cheno said. I also think there's anyway that Blake fails in the NBA. He's just a great player and is only going to continue to improve. But even if he somehow fails in the NBA he's still cemented himself as one of the best in OU history. And he came off one of the most decorated seasons in college basketball history.

Nah, I think that would be the classless thing to do. And the Griffin's ooze class.

awfully easy to say if you don't have to do it.

the Mannings ooooooooooze class as well and we see what Archie did.

if he wants out asap, it's 5 years. but in clipper years it is actually like 20. at least he gets hang with frankie muniz though.

awfully easy to say if you don't have to do it.
the Mannings ooooooooooze class as well and we see what Archie did.

Don't have to do what? Go play a game for 3 million dollars a year in one of the most beautiful places in the U.S. I think he'll be okay. Things could be worse. And the Mannings are tainted because of that. Still here about Eli and that situation today.

I agree with Tramel and Cool. Nothing classless about it. I have turned down jobs in the past; I bet everyone here has. Especially if the company that wants to hire you sucks.

Tramel outlines the reasons well: Sterling is a nutcase. Ricky Davis, Zach Randolph, Baron Davis - all poor character in a locker room. Just because someone gets paid "3 million dollars" doesn't mean they shouldn't have choices. Execs get paid that and get to choose who to work for.

Ricky Davis consistently plays for the worst teams in the NBA... If the Clippers want to change their culture, it starts with getting rid of Ricky Davis.

Tramel outlines the reasons well: Sterling is a nutcase. Ricky Davis, Zach Randolph, Baron Davis - all poor character in a locker room. Just because someone gets paid "3 million dollars" doesn't mean they shouldn't have choices. Execs get paid that and get to choose who to work for.

This defeats the purpose of a draft. If players could choose who they where they wanted to play, it would be no different than the college recruiting process. Professional sports have drafts so bad teams get good players. Without a draft, Michael Jordan may have never become a Bull, Peyton Manning would have never become a Colt, and Sidney Crosby would have never become a Penguin. All three are examples of players who were drafted by bad teams who went on to turn the fortunes of their respective franchises around.

This defeats the purpose of a draft. If players could choose who they where they wanted to play, it would be no different than the college recruiting process. Professional sports have drafts so bad teams get good players. Without a draft, Michael Jordan may have never become a Bull, Peyton Manning would have never become a Colt, and Sidney Crosby would have never become a Penguin. All three are examples of players who were drafted by bad teams who went on to turn the fortunes of their respective franchises around.

Exactly.

I tend to take this side. If it were me, it would provide me with that much more motivation to turn the franchise into a winner. Get on my back, boys, would be my attitude.

Back