Jalen Wilson interview on the Insider board

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/college/oklah...ris-Crutchfield-OU-Mens-Basketball--117898890

Hale does a great job with the questions he asked. It’s a premium article if you’re a member.

Wilson appears to think OU is one of his favorite schools. But this kid has a growing list of offers that includes the Jayhawks. He also said his teammate and close friend, OU 2019 commit De’Vion Harmon, is in his ear about joining him in Norman next season.

It’s interesting that James Hale lists Wilson’s height at 6’4” and Harmon at 6’2”. I know kids fudge their height and measure it with tennis shoes on.... and round up. We’ve been hearing that Wilson is 6’6”.

It’s interesting that James Hale lists Wilson’s height at 6’4” and Harmon at 6’2”. I know kids fudge their height and measure it with tennis shoes on.... and round up. We’ve been hearing that Wilson is 6’6”.

Jalen himself said in an interview I saw that he is 6’ 8” now. It’s obvious he is several inches taller than he was last year, but there has been a dramatic change in his body overall since I watched him play last season. He’s not a skinny kid anymore.

I’ll see if I can find the interview again and post it here.

Found it! Make sure your sound is on. He answers that question at the beginning of the interview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUUAJTVE8Q

Man, Kruger may leave this program in worse shape than he found it...and since OU doesn't fire people, could be a long few years. Heck, Harmon might follow Wilson...

Definitely surprising to see Ok State and no OU.

More like SHOCKING to me! If I was a gambling man, I would have bet my last dollar against OSU and no OU in his final six.

I have no idea what happened, but I’ll see if I can find out? Excuse me while I throw up!

What the HELL happened? Not even in his top 6? WTF.

Kansas or Michigan imo. This is a blow to say the least.

The complete and utter dysfunction of last year's team could not have helped our cause.

Man, Kruger may leave this program in worse shape than he found it...and since OU doesn't fire people, could be a long few years. Heck, Harmon might follow Wilson...

I'll take my chances that when Lon retires, the program will not have gone 27-36 his final two seasons, nor will they be dealing with NCAA sanctions. And he probably won't have alienated most of the program's fans and many former players. Amazing how quickly many of you forget exactly how bad a shape Capel left the program in.

I'll take my chances that when Lon retires, the program will not have gone 27-36 his final two seasons, nor will they be dealing with NCAA sanctions. And he probably won't have alienated most of the program's fans and many former players. Amazing how quickly many of you forget exactly how bad a shape Capel left the program in.

+1

yeah, I dont see lon leaving us in horrid shape.

Well, right now, I see a team that lost 2 of its best players (Young and McGusty), does not have a lot coming in in terms of replacing it (never been a huge Bienemy fan, but he is a couple years away from contributing consistently), and will still be a 12-15 win team, even with Calixte. Not sure how 1 year of Trae Young saving Kruger's butt in many a game is better than those last 2 years for Capel (if you factor it the year before last, and this upcoming year, it could be just as bad). I don't hate Kruger, just know his track record of staying places a couple years too long.

Well, right now, I see a team that lost 2 of its best players (Young and McGusty), does not have a lot coming in in terms of replacing it (never been a huge Bienemy fan, but he is a couple years away from contributing consistently), and will still be a 12-15 win team, even with Calixte. Not sure how 1 year of Trae Young saving Kruger's butt in many a game is better than those last 2 years for Capel (if you factor it the year before last, and this upcoming year, it could be just as bad). I don't hate Kruger, just know his track record of staying places a couple years too long.

If you don't see how making the NCAA tourney and winning nearly 20 games is better than two seasons under Capel in which we didn't even sniff the NIT, I don't know what to say. I'd also note that if you are comparing the two coaches, Capel is the one who proved incapable of winning without an all-time Sooner great on the roster. Kruger, on the other hand, has won everywhere he has been, with or without a player of Trae's caliber. And I guess I think it is maybe just a bit premature to write off Bienemy -- maybe we should let him graduate high school and arrive on campus before we just assume that he won't be any good for at least two years.

Back