James Anderson is an absolute beast

Where does OSU find these guys? Seems they always have a solid standout player.

Where does OSU find these guys? Seems they always have a solid standout player.

Anderson was a big time recruit out of Arkansas. They did not find him or develop him (and I don't mean that as a slam to the OSU coaches). Everyone knew about James Anderson.

Disagree somewhat about James not developing under Travis Ford. Coming out of HS, James was known primarily as an outside shooter. When he did drive to the bucket, 90% of the time he went to his left. At the latter part of last season and all of this season, he has added driving with his right hand to his game, and is driving a lot more to get to the FT line. His game has since improved immensely.

You are right about him being big time in HS, as he was a McD's All-American and chose OSU over Kansas.

Disagree somewhat about James not developing under Travis Ford. Coming out of HS, James was known primarily as an outside shooter. When he did drive to the bucket, 90% of the time he went to his left. At the latter part of last season and all of this season, he has added driving with his right hand to his game, and is driving a lot more to get to the FT line. His game has since improved immensely.

You are right about him being big time in HS, as he was a McD's All-American and chose OSU over Kansas.

I specifically stated it is not an insult to the coaches. Anderson has obviously improved as a player but nobody turned him into a player. He was big time and has simply progressed as a player. Big Country was a guy that was developed by Eddie Sutton. Nobody expected that from Big Country. Everyone expected James Anderson to be one of the best players in this conference.

I specifically stated it is not an insult to the coaches. Anderson has obviously improved as a player but nobody turned him into a player. He was big time and has simply progressed as a player. Big Country was a guy that was developed by Eddie Sutton. Nobody expected that from Big Country. Everyone expected James Anderson to be one of the best players in this conference.

Denver, credit to James Anderson goes to James Anderson. Like you said, he didn't come to OSU as a sleeper guy, but at the same time, he's improved is game dramatically.

Go look at his game chart. It looks like I expected Willie's to look this year. Not a single game in which he didn't get to double figures in points. Alot of high scoring games where he was efficient, and not shooting his team out of the game.

Go look at his game chart. It looks like I expected Willie's to look this year. Not a single game in which he didn't get to double figures in points. Alot of high scoring games where he was efficient, and not shooting his team out of the game.

Very efficient because he takes good shots, is starting to create good shots, and has added a go to the hole element in his game.

Most talented wing in OSU history?

Mason was great, but he wasn't the prolific offensive player Anderson is.

Yep, he is a monster and a great character guy as well. He competes hard, plays good defense, and does the little things and the big things.

Total package.

Doubt it. POY will go to Sherron Collins or Damion James, although JA has better numbers than both and will be a better pro than both.

Doubt it. POY will go to Sherron Collins or Damion James, although JA has better numbers than both and will be a better pro than both.

I agree...Politics will hurt him...He reminds of a less talented, shorter Durant...That is intended to be high praise...Durant is elite.

Anderson is a fine player but he has dissappeard a few times this year. Can't do that and be POY, in my opinion. I think he was AOL last week at Tech. Again, very good player but not a Great player - there is a difference.

Most talented wing in OSU history?

Mason was great, but he wasn't the prolific offensive player Anderson is.

He's definitely better than Mason offensively, but Mason was a much better defender.

Anderson shows up in every game but Texas Tech. His game right now is a product of a great talent getting some good coaching.

Anderson was a big time recruit out of Arkansas. They did not find him or develop him (and I don't mean that as a slam to the OSU coaches). Everyone knew about James Anderson.

LOL... no kidding. He was a McDonald's AA... it's not like he was a "diamond in the rough." :)

IIRC, OSU beat out KU for his services.

Anderson shows up in every game but Texas Tech. His game right now is a product of a great talent getting some good coaching.

Yep.

If Anderson was a better defender I might rank him as the #3 OSU player of the modern era (after Reeves and Houston).

As is, I really would put Desmond Mason ahead of him. Mason wasn't as good of a pure scorer as Anderson, but he could score (19 ppg senior year), and he was a much better and more versitile defender.

Joey Graham is another one who I would rank higher if he had any interest in playing defense. :) Speaking of him, I think he might have been the most fun of the "great" recent OSU players to watch on the offensive end. He was such a massive matchup problem for other teams... there was just no good way to guard him.

Back