James Anderson is an absolute beast

The guy's a stud. Reminds me a lot of Wayne Ellington, their games are similar.

LOL... no kidding. He was a McDonald's AA... it's not like he was a "diamond in the rough." :)

IIRC, OSU beat out KU for his services.

Yep.

If Anderson was a better defender I might rank him as the #3 OSU player of the modern era (after Reeves and Houston).

As is, I really would put Desmond Mason ahead of him. Mason wasn't as good of a pure scorer as Anderson, but he could score (19 ppg senior year), and he was a much better and more versitile defender.

Joey Graham is another one who I would rank higher if he had any interest in playing defense. :) Speaking of him, I think he might have been the most fun of the "great" recent OSU players to watch on the offensive end. He was such a massive matchup problem for other teams... there was just no good way to guard him.

I forgot about Houston. 6'3" but played like he was 6'8". Great player but is he on the sexual offenders list? (Did Houston get busted for public masturbation or indecent exposure or something like that? )

I would put John Starks and Richard Dumas above Houston as a player. Dumas was really good, just couldn't control the drinking.

Richard Dumas was the best player to come out of this state that few know about. Too bad he could not get his life straight. The man was a bonified NBA all-star talent wise.

I wasn't saying they got lucky with this one or anything like that. Let's just say they have a stud every four years. Anderson, Fe'lon, Boggins, Tony, Roberts, Mason, Graham, shall I go on.

Good ranks on these boys, but they really played well for the pokes.

I wasn't saying they got lucky with this one or anything like that. Let's just say they have a stud every four years. Anderson, Fe'lon, Boggins, Tony, Roberts, Mason, Graham, shall I go on.

Good ranks on these boys, but they really played well for the pokes.

From their perspective so does OU. Ryan Minor, Corey Brewer, Eduardo, Hollis, Bookout or Taj, Blake, WW, etc. Sometimes it is easier to notice things that are really good about other people rather than yourslef.

That is true! While I was typing the names I was recalling our great players. Yep, 1 every four years. I would almost say we have had more talent over the last 10 years than OSU. No, it's real close though.

Richard Dumas was the best player to come out of this state that few know about. Too bad he could not get his life straight. The man was a bonified NBA all-star talent wise.

I think most know about him because of the way he played in the NBA Finals against the Bulls.

Dumas was very good. His jumper still left something to be desired. That's why once he was figured out as a top flight slasher, the NBA got a scouting report on him. John Starks hands down is the best NBA player from OSU's ranks. I think Blake will be eventually for OU to go along with Gar Heard, Tisdale, Mookie, and Alvan Adams.

Dumas was very good. His jumper still left something to be desired. That's why once he was figured out as a top flight slasher, the NBA got a scouting report on him.

I'm not sure I agree with that last portion. Him getting suspended played a bigger role IMO...he was never able to recover.

He didn't play in the '94-95 season because of this (would have been his 2nd year in the league)

Dumas was very good. His jumper still left something to be desired. That's why once he was figured out as a top flight slasher, the NBA got a scouting report on him. John Starks hands down is the best NBA player from OSU's ranks. I think Blake will be eventually for OU to go along with Gar Heard, Tisdale, Mookie, and Alvan Adams.

Starks was good but Dumas would have been a superstar. He only played in the league a short while. He had not even really figured the game out before his problems cropped up once again. Perhaps I should quantify my remarks and say Dumas had the most potential.

Back