Jerian Grant Claims OU offer

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Jerian Grant claims offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Providence. Also he says interest is coming from Marquette, Indiana, and Colorado.

While Jerian Grant was very good in the afternoon against City Rocks, he was nothing short of spectacular in the evening in Team Takeover's win over the Georgia Stars. Grant had 30 points, did a solid job of running the point when he needed to. More than anything Grant attacked the rim and finished using athleticism both over defenders and by slicing around them. Also he hit open shots from deep

April 2009-Jerian was one of the more exciting guards to watch at the Jam Fest this weekend, as the fiery guard made dunking look like a hobby instead of a task. His first step is so quick and agile, that before the defender can turn their head, Grant is at the rim finishing a high percentage shot. He brought solid defense to the table as well, staying in front of his man, and keeping every shot from the perimeter contested (Anthony Jaskulski at Pittsburgh Jam Fest).

July 2008-Similar to teammate Victor Olidipo in being multi-skilled and playing for both Triple Threat (AAU) and DeMatha Catholic High School, Grant differs in that he’s a smooth operator, a player that through skill seems to make the game look easy. Able to shoot and dribble, the 6’3”, 175 pound brother of current Clemson forward Jerai Grant and son of ex-NBA’er Harvey Grant has grown up around the game and it shows (Ron Bailey at Agent Zero to Hero).

Man OU keeps getting in on some super prospects. Take into account this kid plays on a team with A&M's top signee Naji Hibbert, Top PG prospect Josh Selby, 4*and wing Vickor Olidipo. I would love to sign three wings with him as the third one. It would be very cool to see this kid in an OU uniform.

The Grant family is very well known to many basketball fans across the country. In the mid-80’s, a pair of brothers caught the attention of the nation with their on-court prowess. Identical twins Horace and Harvey Grant were carving out quite a basketball resume starring at the collegient level. Horace was the 10th overall selection in the 1987 NBA Draft after a tremendous career at Clemson. He would play 17 years in the NBA, scoring nearly 13,000 points and win four NBA championship rings, including being part of the Chicago Bulls three-peat of the early 90’s.

Twin brother Harvey was starring at the University of Oklahoma after leaving Clemson earlier in his carrer. Harvey would be the 12th pick of the 1988 NBA Draft and spend 11 seasons playing in the NBA, scoring nearly 8,000 points in his career.

Harvey, who played several of his NBA seasons with the (then called) Washington Bullets still resides in the DC-area and serves as an assistant coach for the junior varsity basketball team with DeMatha Catholic High School. He is also keeping a close eye on the next generation of Grant basketballers.

The oldest of Harvey’s four sons is 6′8 forward Jerai, who just finished up his sophomore season with the Clemson Tigers. Jerai was part of Dematha’s 2007 WCAC championship squad. The 2009 DeMatha Catholic team also captured the WCAC title and another Grant was instrumental as Jerian Grant is the next basketball star in the family tree.

Jerian is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard that weighs approximately 180 pounds. Blessed with excellent athletic ability and basketball knowledge coming from his basketball family, Jerian showed NBE at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest this past April he can pound the rims and was not afraid to play defense, even in an AAU game, showing he has been taught correctly growing up.

“The knowledge of the game,” Jerian replied when asked what he has learned the most from his basketball family. “I learned so much from everyone in my family and just being around the game so much has taught me the right way to play.”

College coaches have also noticed. Playing at a nationally known power such as DeMatha Catholic has it’s advantages and Jerian is very appreciative of that.

“The biggest positive to me is the fact that no matter what, every year you get to play against the best and from guy 1 to guy 10 they (DeMatha staff) find a way to get guys scholorships,” said Jerian. “They teach and develop your game.”

Currently that development is being focused in areas of ballhandling, shooting consistency and his defense. Improvements in those areas will help Jerian reach his goal of being an impact freshman at the eventual school he decides on.

With current recruiting interest being shown by Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Villanova, Kansas, Indiana, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Providence, Xavier, Miami, Florida St, Virginia and Pittsburgh, look for Grant to increase upon his current scholarship offers from Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, UVA, George Mason and VCU once college coaches are able to see more of him in action on the AAU circuit and at the various summer camps he plans to attend.

And, just to be sure nobody misses out on the Grant family show at DeMatha, younger brother Jerami was the leading scorer as a freshman on the JV team this past season. There is also a fourth Grant son of Harvey’s that will also likely attend DeMatha in the future, keeping the Stags stacked with star potential.

For now, we will keep an eye on Jerian Grant this summer and into next season as his recruitment is certainly going to be one of interest for Big East fans and those from schools of the other high major conferences. Along with being able to make an impact as a freshman, Jerian has some other ideas of what he will look for in choosing a college.

“I wannt to go to a place where they love basketball,” said Grant. “A place that’s going to develop my game to make me the best player I can be.”

With his family legacy and support, expect that to happen for this class of 2010 rising prospect!

We've obviously been sleeping on this kid as an OU prospect.

There's a whole army of Grants and the younger two are suppose to be better than the first two.

Dirty,
What is your source on this? I'm not doubting it at all, I'm just wondering why his profile on Rivals, Scout and ESPN does not list OU as one of his college choices, and obviously does not mention him being offered by OU.

I hope he is because I would love for one or more of the Grant kids to play for OU.

Dirty,
What is your source on this? I'm not doubting it at all, I'm just wondering why his profile on Rivals, Scout and ESPN does not list OU as one of his college choices, and obviously does not mention him being offered by OU.

I hope he is because I would love for one or more of the Grant kids to play for OU.

Rivals. He is visiting per another site.

Awesome. Thanks.

I don't care if he's a 3-star, 4-star or whatever, I would just love to have Harvey and/or Horace sitting in the stands watching him play at OU.

Awesome. Thanks.

I don't care if he's a 3-star, 4-star or whatever, I would just love to have Harvey and/or Horace sitting in the stands watching him play at OU.

I would like to land the kid as well.

On top of the publicity factor of the Grants, the kid seems to have a really nice shooting motion. Not perfect mechanics by far, what HS kid does, but won't need much correction, just practice time. Would be a good pick up.

Back