Knight impressed with new juco recruits...

thebigabd

Reaction score
"You know, we're always going to be half junior college when I recruit. It's just Texas Tech is just a really good situation to recruit junior college and high school kids. The three junior college kids -- Reese, Tairu, and Jenkins -- we brought them in immediately to upgrade our talent and athleticism, and I think you'll see them in the starting lineup a lot this year or being one of the
first to come off the bench.

So really those three kids are going to make a huge impact for us just from an athletic and talent standpoint that we didn't have last year.

You know, I think they'll be having those kids added to the mix with good players like Roberson and Singletary, now you have five guys that are actually a threat with the ball. But we can actually play defense now. We can get back to playing man to man.

To be honest, there's no secret to coaching. You've got to have the personnel. I just didn't think we had it last year. Now we have it."
-Pat Knight

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/1041...9.pdf?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&DB_OEM_ID=10410

I have yet to see the coach not impressed with any of his new guys. When they started messing up on the court, we might see different comments.

I have yet to see the coach not impressed with any of his new guys. When they started messing up on the court, we might see different comments.

This. I do not put stock into preseason coach speak. We will see on the court. I am skeptical of any JUCO's now to be honest. At best its 50/50 whether they will make any impact other than role player.

Back