Kruger expects big improvement in 2017-18 | NewsOK

Kam and Odomes need to practice 3 pts and free throws everyday. They are going to be open a lot with Trae Young on the floor. We know both can drive to the baskets, but they don't have much confidence on their outside shots. Lattin and McNeace need to gain additional 20 pounds. Jordan Shepherd needs to get some more muscle.

He spent two seasons at Rice before joining Kruger's staff this past season. So Hartman knows all about Egor Koulech, a 6-foot-5 swing man who started all 67 games the last two seasons.

He was the Owls' second-leading scorer last season, averaging 18.2 points. He also led the team with 8.9 rebounds.

Sign me up! 47% from deep. Come on Hartman.

Sounds too good to be true. Just checking the date...April 2, 2017.

Sounds like he may go pro overseas. Or someone mentioned that on Twitter.

I'd take both guard transfers from Rice 19-18 ppg guys

The most pressing question is if the Sooners add another player to replace Darrion Strong-Moore, who decided to transfer.

Kruger said the Sooners were unlikely to find a high school or junior college player to sign but that a graduate transfer, in particular, would be appealing.

Kruger said he anticipated the rest of the roster staying intact, though he has yet to have detailed conversations with every player. That will come soon.

Interesting summary of the situation.

No Sooners player hit more than 38 3-pointers this season, and OU hit just 192 as a team after it hit 382 during the 2015-2016 season.

A difference of right at 4 made threes per game. That is huge.

Something else that needs to be practiced more before next year. Fans putting butts in seats. I don't care how the season is going.

We need to accept the fact that there are going to be less and less fans going to games. This is a systemic change, not anything to do with OU, or even college basketball. There are so many more entertainment options available today. You can watch all the games in the comfort of your home or at a bar, which is often a better experience than being at the games. Technology is disruptive, and live sporting events is an area where there will be disruption.

We should get a few "event" type games like KU, and OSU and Texas if they're ever good again. But in general, Tuesday night game against ISU is not going to pack the stands, and you should reduce your expectations accordingly.

Sounds like he may go pro overseas. Or someone mentioned that on Twitter.

I'd take both guard transfers from Rice 19-18 ppg guys

Marcus Evans, their leading scorer, will not be a grad transfer and will have to sit out a year. Marcus Jackson, who averaged 12 ppg will be, along with Koulechov. Evans was the C-USA freshman of the year last season.

These are Rice's top 3 scorers from this past season.

http://www.ricethresher.org/article/2017/03/stars-evans-and-jackson-to-transfer-from-rice

Last edited:
Egor would be a GREAT pickup for this team. He is exactly what this team needs and with Trae Young coming in, he would be able to get a lot of good open looks.

I guess the question is, would he start at the wing over Odomes? I'm not sure he would want to go somewhere, where he would be coming off the bench. Maybe Odomes would be perfectly fine with it..who knows. But I personally don't want to lose Odomes over this.

I'm sure LK could make it all work. I just don't see a guy with those kind of numbers not starting. I realize he very likely won't duplicate those numbers at OU..even if he does start, but I'll take a sharp shooter with height and that has a knack for rebounding any day!!!!!!

I think the men will be better next year, how much is up in the air. I can see them border line or making the NCAA next year, surly the NIT

Back