KState suprise visitors?

Great, their coach had a strong feeling where they were going. That doesn't mean A&M knew 100% for sure and had a silent commit.

A&M knew because they hired the AAU coach from the Mustangs the year before.

So you think Capel is taking silent commits but not having them commit in case he jumps ship? Well I certainly hope not. If so we got bigger problems.
I think Capel is here for the long haul unless Duke comes open. At least I hope so.
In your Coach T/Willie Warren story I could see Coach T saying "hey there is a strong possibility I'm moving on next year...hold on from committing a bit".
I certainly don't see that as what Coach Capel is doing at OU.
Today 12:40 PM

I don't know what you're talking about but I was just pointing out that Willie Warren, who has admitted he was going to Arkansas with Coach O decided to follow coach O to OU after Heath was fired. This is admitted by Warren and Capel. Most OU fans already know the story.

Ryan Broyles is really good.

Isn't he? But you all gave us a close game which is impressive in Norman. I think KSU can win the north.

Oh another note, I would like to hear how TJ's visit went. I know that since he is committed it is less exciting, but it would be cool to hear what he though about his official.

What about a double secret silent commit? :)
Makes about as much sense. Is there a maximum number of people that can know before the silent commit becomes a non-silent (for lack of a better term) commit?

If anyone on this board knows of a player silently committing, it's not silent.

This doesn't seem like hard concept. I don't understand the big argument. A "silent" commitment is simply when a player commits to a coach, but doesn't want to make it public yet. This happens all the time. Sometimes, it's just for a few days so a player can tell the other coaches that recruited him, so they don't hear it from a recruiting board. Sometimes a player just wants to take the rest of his visits. It is no more or less binding than any other verbal commitment.

This doesn't seem like hard concept. I don't understand the big argument. A "silent" commitment is simply when a player commits to a coach, but doesn't want to make it public yet. This happens all the time. Sometimes, it's just for a few days so a player can tell the other coaches that recruited him, so they don't hear it from a recruiting board. Sometimes a player just wants to take the rest of his visits. It is no more or less binding than any other verbal commitment.
I guess my point is BOK is that if people on a message board know about it, or some recruiting guru knows about it, it's not silent.

I guess my point is BOK is that if people on a message board know about it, or some recruiting guru knows about it, it's not silent.

You are correct. The moment someone leaks it, it is no longer a silent commit. See the Duke situation.

Makes about as much sense. Is there a maximum number of people that can know before the silent commit becomes a non-silent (for lack of a better term) commit?

If anyone on this board knows of a player silently committing, it's not silent.

Warren's revelation was revealed last spring. But I agree with you, if a message board poster knows it, it's not secret or silent. That's why most of us are in the dark to a large part of what goes on in recruiting.

Isn't he? But you all gave us a close game which is impressive in Norman. I think KSU can win the north.

Oh another note, I would like to hear how TJ's visit went. I know that since he is committed it is less exciting, but it would be cool to hear what he though about his official.

Yup Synder can flat coach go KSU, I loved the OU vs KSU big games.

I agree with the point Cheno is making. I really don't think there is such a thing as a silent commit but, if there is, it is so rare you might as well say there is no such thing.

This was my point, the question was a bit rhetorical. A kid is either committed or not. To me a silent commitment is something liek "Coach, I think I might come to Oklahoma but don't anybody yet" (because I am not sure and I am still going to KU, UCLA and Texas on official visits).

This was my point, the question was a bit rhetorical. A kid is either committed or not. To me a silent commitment is something liek "Coach, I think I might come to Oklahoma but don't anybody yet" (because I am not sure and I am still going to KU, UCLA and Texas on official visits).

Exactly. And the fact Dirty keeps bringing up Willie Warren's silent commit to Arkansas just helps prove our point. He didn't go to Arkansas. If anything he was playing them and telling them what they wanted to hear.
Kinda like when in high school when you had a girl that you went to her house and told her she was your girlfriend but not to tell anyone else yet.
It accomplished your purpose. :ez-roll:
Okay, bad example.

Too bad you can't give your wife a silent commitment.

Okay, another bad example.

Exactly. And the fact Dirty keeps bringing up Willie Warren's silent commit to Arkansas just helps prove our point. He didn't go to Arkansas. If anything he was playing them and telling them what they wanted to hear.
Kinda like when in high school when you had a girl that you went to her house and told her she was your girlfriend but not to tell anyone else yet.
It accomplished your purpose. :ez-roll:
Okay, bad example.

you're clowning yourself on something that's not really debatable. Oh well....:vitale

we need to stop recruiting guards at this point and focus on bigs.

we need to stop recruiting guards at this point and focus on bigs.

We probably missed the boat on alot of bigs last year spring. 2010 is a tough class to find a big man and 2011 will be even tougher. Jones would be a good pickup, but a two year player at best and their are still a couple of good uncommitted guys out there, but I don't know if we're in on anyone outside of Jones.

Back