Kyle Hardrick looks like he gained an inch

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
looks to be a legit 6'8. If he grows another inch, maybe we might have something. Too bad his hands are like pooh tennell.

I think he can develop with coaching staff. He wouldn't be the first project they have succeeded with and apparently he really wants (or at least wanted) to be a sooner. So, he may work hard enough to be a contributor. I think he will redshirt this year, but he may become a solid player in a few years.

I always thought people just exagerated his lack of height. When he was a frosh/soph people were saying he's 6'9, going on 7-feet. Then he got hurt and people starting saying he was down to 6'8, 6'7, 6'6...

I think people overestimated him 4 years ago and have been underestimating him ever since.

No matter how tall he is, he has to improve if he wants to see the floor. We are brining in talent at a pretty high rate and he will get passed over if he doesn't put in the work himself, regardless of height. That said I'm always for getting a prospect that might not be done growing especially one that is a 4 year player, but my expectation will remain relatively low until proven otherwise.

I think his injury hurt his development a lot in terms of skills, but it also in some way hurt his athleticism. However, he can learn some skills and out coaching staff has really done well with projects. If he is willing to work for it he can develop those skills to go along with his size and contribute in the future. I don't expect him to do anything for at least a season (he should probably red shirt). Two or three years from now he could be a part of our rotation. Ultimately, I could see adding important front court depth as an upperclassmen. If is learns to use his size to defend and get rebounds he can probably be a legit DI player. However, all this depends on his willingness to work to gain skills and size.

I've always had a sneaking suspiscion that this kid could turn in to a player. There was a reason people thought he still had some growth in him, and at one point he was comperabely skilled to some of the best player's in the country according to several services. I think we will know quite a bit more about Kyle by the time he has been in the system for three years.

If he knows how to work and is willing to play/practice with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder I don't see any reason why Kyle can't be a contributor after a couple years here.

I've always had a sneaking suspiscion that this kid could turn in to a player. There was a reason people thought he still had some growth in him, and at one point he was comperabely skilled to some of the best player's in the country according to several services. I think we will know quite a bit more about Kyle by the time he has been in the system for three years.

When was this? Hope people don't pay money for that type of analysis.

When the first rankings came out for his class he was a 5-star player.

My point exactly, why someone would pay money for that type of crappy analysis is beyond me. If you're 15, 6'7", can run and catch a basketball you'll probably going to get a high ranking.

I do not remotely mean to insult the coaches but what projects have they developed?

longar.jpg

Back