Last night

Is anybody arguing that?

Well there seem to be people advocating to take the ball out of his hands, so I’d say “yes”. I’m very high on Uzan and has tremendous potential. He should probably be the focal point of the offense when Sherfield is off the floor. But when they’re playing together, Sherfield should run the show.

J. Hill needs to be our Wilson from KU! Same type of body/athlete. Cortes could have had about 5 or 6 assists last night. Made good decisions and I think is the best passer on court.

i think those limited min are good for Uzan to run the O and Grant to get a little break and be allowed to run off screens ...

but that is far different then taking the ball out of our PG and best players hands for the majority of the game ..

I don't think grant playing the 2 necessarily means he won't have the ball in his hands the majority of the game

Well there seem to be people advocating to take the ball out of his hands, so I’d say “yes”. I’m very high on Uzan and has tremendous potential. He should probably be the focal point of the offense when Sherfield is off the floor. But when they’re playing together, Sherfield should run the show.

nobody is saying to take it out of his hands. I guess the rockets took the ball out of Harden's hands when they stuck him at SG?

nobody is saying to take it out of his hands. I guess the rockets took the ball out of Harden's hands when they stuck him at SG?
Which of the two would commit fewer turnovers? I'd expect it to be the more experienced player, so I vote no on the suggested move.

Regardless of position, Sherfield is going to play 30+ minutes. Starting him at point and then having Uzan play point and moving Sherfield to SG lets Moser get Sherfield a rest without taking him off the floor. Plus, Sherfield's one of our best spot up shooters from 3. Gives us an opportunity to get him some easy ones.

Simple coaching.

Regardless of position, Sherfield is going to play 30+ minutes. Starting him at point and then having Uzan play point and moving Sherfield to SG lets Moser get Sherfield a rest without taking him off the floor. Plus, Sherfield's one of our best spot up shooters from 3. Gives us an opportunity to get him some easy ones.

Simple coaching.

agree

Grant clearly has savvy and experience that Uzan doesn't, yet. To my eyes, Uzan is more athletic, and appears tougher to stay in front of defensively when he has the ball, small sample size, obviously. The quality of on ball defense in B12 games is typically pretty high, so I think Uzan may be tougher to contain defensively, and thus allow us to use motion and get into offensive sets easier. I'm no coach, so maybe that's a bad assumption.

As others have said, Grant is our best shooter, so I like the idea of him being able to use him as a spot up shooter that teams can't help off of.

All of this is predicated on Uzan continuing to develop and close the gap with Grant though, because Grant is clearly better right now.

Some other bright spots from the game for me were the play of Oweh and obviously Noland finding his groove. I was happy to see Cortes play well and get some help from his teammates. I felt like he was a bit unlucky in the first two games with some good passes that were mishandled a bit. Also, I thought we did a better job of rebounding with two hands and being valuing possession of the ball. Finally, I loved the energy and engagement from the whole team throughout the game.

Some concerns for me were that we played a team that just didn't put up the same fight as the first two, but I'm hoping our play had something to do with that. I'm also hoping that Bam's foul troubles don't repeat too often, but he clearly has a way to go defensively.

Back