List Of 2011 Prospects We Are In On?

OUBasketball09

Reaction score
I know its still 2010, but we already know the main targets. So, who are the top guys we're after in 2011 that we have a shot with?

I know its still 2010, but we already know the main targets. So, who are the top guys we're after in 2011 that we have a shot with?

Here are some off the top of my head: LeBryan Nash SF, Brad Beal SG, Dom Raney G, Quincy Miller SF, Johnny O'Bryant PF, Naadir Tharpe PG, Thomas Gipson PF

Which prospects do you think we have the best shot at landing? You have usually been right since I've been at OUhoops.com

Which prospects do you think we have the best shot at landing? You have usually been right since I've been at OUhoops.com

Man that's a tough one. I feel best about Tharpe right now. He will be playing with Peters at Brewster next year, and it will be a good time to come in as a PG to OU (TMG will be a junior).

We may only take 3 guys so I would guess that the other one may be another big....

Wow, only three for a class?

If thats the case I would want 1 guard, 1 wing,(Quincy or Lebryan) and for the post Obryan or Gipson.

WOW most of those guys are top 10 type talents!!!

Big are you thinking we have a realistic shot at them or are we just on their list along with 20 other schools

WOW most of those guys are top 10 type talents!!!

Big are you thinking we have a realistic shot at them or are we just on their list along with 20 other schools

Bigtime thinks OU can land 3-5 top 25 overall players every year.

Bigtime thinks OU can land 3-5 top 25 overall players every year.

Where on earth have I ever said that? I would say we can land at least 1 top 35 guy every year, and I bet we will do that in this next 2010 class. Capel has done it three years in a row.....

tboy,

Not all those guys are highly rated. I agree with you that some of them are probably long-shots, but the guy asked for guys that we are in on for the 2011 class, and those are the ones that I could think of right now.

Just FYI, Tharpe is a very, very heavy Arizona lean.

Arizona just took a top pg in 2009, and is in on several top pgs for 2010. I don't see him going there if they are log jammed at that position.

Arizona just took a top pg in 2009, and is in on several top pgs for 2010. I don't see him going there if they are log jammed at that position.

Hehe...Log jam...

Logjammin%27.jpg

rZzYB.jpg

"You must be here to fix the cable"

Is PG a top priority for 2011?
OU just got a top PG in '09 in TMG and are in on a bunch of PG's in 2010.
Is Tharpe more a combo guard? I don't see why Tharpe would be scared off by the comp at Arizona when Oklahoma is in the same position.
If a Pressey or McCallum or someone comes in '10 I don't see PG as a huge need. Although if he's more a combo then I say bring all you can on.

Hehe...Log jam...

"You must be here to fix the cable"

Dude: How's the smut business, Jackie?

Treehorn: I wouldn't know, Dude. I deal in publishing, entertainment, political advocacy, and...

Dude: Which one was Logjammin?

Back