Look where Capel was on Monday

Denver I thought is was the facilities at OU that brought Coach Capel all of his recruiting success. You mean the Coach has something to do with it too! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:woot

My comment was an indictment of the defense played in the NBA. I agree with pretty much most of the rest said here. There are some guys out there in the college game though that can defend well at under 6 feet......Lawson, S. Collins, and Eaton come to mind. Those guys will steal you blind.

Denver I thought is was the facilities at OU that brought Coach Capel all of his recruiting success. You mean the Coach has something to do with it too! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:woot
:ez-laugh:

He never said that.

He said the facilities play A PART. And they do.

He said the facilities play A PART. And they do.

A very small part.

The two nicest arenas in the Big 12 are the United Spirit Arena in Lubbock and Mizzou Arena. They dont seem to be pulling in the big guns...

What TU should have said is "height" is overrated. Mario Chalmers is a perfect example, he's only 6'1 but has a huge wingspan. He is long and because of that he is the all time leader in steals at KU. Eric Gordon was another one, they were worried about his size but he measured out at 6'9 for wingspan.

I don't think you can overrate length at all. Long athletes are key to success in basketball. Why do you think Louisville killed OU the year before last?

I actually think that OU would be ok signing Barnes and Clark and play them together with Barnes playing the 4 like a Julian Wright. That would be a crazy athletic duo with TMG, Taylor/Pledger, and Gallon in the other spots OU would be so freakin good.

We will have 5 to give if Willie goes pro and we don't use Cannon's scholly. We will have 6 to give if Tiny also goes pro. We can for take both Cam and Harrison (I can dream can't I!)

Who ever said that facilities don't play a part. No one. Just know that facilities aren't the core reason that Coach Capel is having the success in recruiting he's having. If you don't know why. I'll give you a couple of reasons. One is that players of today want to play for a coach that they can relate to and get them to the next level. The second reason is that Coach Capel is smart enough to understand that good players want to play with players of their caliber or players that are even better than them. Facilities count, but I don't know of too many players who state that the main reason they go to a school is because of facilities. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

If Capel can get a visit he has a good of a shot as anyone in landing the recruit. The guy is one heck of a recruiter!

If Capel can get a visit he has a good of a shot as anyone in landing the recruit. The guy is one heck of a recruiter!

I agree. It is ability to really connect and relate to recruits that makes him tough to beat on the recruiting trail.

Back