March Madness

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
I'm on an email list from the NCAA because I have bought tickets to previous NCAA tournaments. This morning, they sent an email blast counting down to March Madness, and it got me thinking how rare it is for us to be completely out of the picture with a month to go. Obviously it happened in 2017, which was a disaster of a season after we graduated the national POY plus two other studs, and then Woodard missed much of the season. Otherwise, you have to go back to Lon's first year, which was a complete rebuild after Capel's final two seasons. This year, we have stayed 100% healthy and have a very experienced roster, including many guys who have played together for multiple seasons. Just incomprehensible we are in this situation. And as much as some want to point to the difficulty of the league as an excuse, the reality is that the league is so good that all you need to do to be in the mix is avoid being a total disaster. If we were even, say, 4-8 at this point, let alone 5-7, we would still have life.

Back