MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Will be interesting to see where he goes and how he develops. If you would have told me before the season, or even two months ago, that we would lose him, I would have been very disappointed. Athletically, he is the kind of guy we need. But given how badly he regressed, I find it hard to believe he would have become a consistently good player under Moser. Under a different coach, in a system better suited to take advantage of his talent, and surrounded by good shooters, it won't shock me if he goes on to have a very good career.
my guess is some where in the big east and he is close to a 15 ppg guy next season ..

my guess is some where in the big east and he is close to a 15 ppg guy next season ..
Naturally, Penn State seems like a possibility due to his brother playing football there and them coming in second during his HS recruitment.

They changed coaches though since his recruitment (which most know, duh). Shrewsberry is at Notre Dame....so they could make sense as well.

Think Oweh would be a good fit in a fast-paced, high-press system where he can really showcase his athleticism. In a half court offense, he's a complete black hole. He'll be a miss defensively but seeing how we went and got Soares and Darthard out of the portal and how good defensively they were, he's far from irreplaceable.

Wish him nothing but the best of luck, however.

This is basically what my mindset has been the whole time and what has made me feel good about Garrison.
And to add to that, though Hugley on the roster is not a bad thing, if he is truly just a 15-20 MPG rotation player, just like we did with Hill, we can upgrade athletically and most of all defensively in the portal.

Should be able to find a PF in the portal that can give you 8 PPG and 4 RPG. Or be a rotation player and get another big that adds to the position, like Garrison.

Players leaving isn't always a negative- some are processed and others the coaching staff sees the need to upgrade. With that said, just wish PM would have a better success rate out of the portal for a player that works well with what he is trying to accomplish.

I rarely make predictions--just not my style--but I predict Oweh will improve greatly at his next stop, enough that we'll be sorry he left. If Uzan leaves, same goes for him. I'm as disappointed as anyone in their play this year, but I just have a hunch they'll both improve greatly under different coaches.

On a related note, I wonder if they'd consider transferring to the same school. Has that happened often? I don't know how close they are or how much they like playing together, but it'd be interesting to see it happen.

I rarely make predictions--just not my style--but I predict Oweh will improve greatly at his next stop, enough that we'll be sorry he left. If Uzan leaves, same goes for him. I'm as disappointed as anyone in their play this year, but I just have a hunch they'll both improve greatly under different coaches.

On a related note, I wonder if they'd consider transferring to the same school. Has that happened often? I don't know how close they are or how much they like playing together, but it'd be interesting to see it happen.
I think they had a bit of a sophomore slump, but I agree. I think they have a chance to be very good and we will potentially miss them down the road.

I agree that they may end up doing very well wherever they land. But I don’t think they would have gotten much better here, so even if they succeed elsewhere, it won’t necessarily make me wish they had stayed. It would just make me wish Moser did a better job coaching them.

It’s not an article with any good info. Literally just a list of kids that have posted that OU is in contact with them. Same guys we’ve seen on this board.
They did include Frankie Fidler + OU contact. I don't think the tweet in reference is true. And it doesn't likely matter, Fidler will pick between Nebraska and/or Wisconsin, IMO. If I get a legit source on OU's contact, I'll list him though.

And I left off the two D2 kids (Jaden Wells/Taelon Peter). I do think OU reached out, maybe just a DM or grad assistant to watch film (IDK), but not with enough veracity that I'd call them targets, at this point. If that changes, I'll add them as well.

A list at this point, when maybe 25% at most of the kids that will portal have portaled, isn't a very good list.
Yeah, for the most part (Garrison/maybe Jordan Ivy-Curry), OU is in the evaluation stage. Doesn't mean a kid or two won't zoom or show up in Norman (need to check the dates on open/dead periods). There's no reason to act like Mizzou and pay over-the-market for early kids. It's okay to have a list and also recognize, the activity is barely starting.

Last edited:
Back