MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

He was a sophomore. He's developing. Losing a developing young player who is a fantastic athlete and defender in addition to the huge scoring jump he made is NOT a good thing.

23 points, 5 rebounds against #1 seed North Carolina
13 points, 4 rebounds against Iowa
16 points, 4 rebounds against USC
13 points, 3 rebounds against Providence
14 points, 2 rebounds against Arkansas
12 points, 6 rebounds against Kansas
12 points, 10 rebounds against WVU
14 points, 4 rebounds against Cincy
14 points, 6 rebounds against Texas Tech
16 points, 3 rebounds against Oklahoma State
16 points, 4 rebounds against TCU
10 points, 2 rebounds against Texas

No way around it... He's a good player and its a loss for the team if he goes in the portal and doesn't come back. With some marginal improvements into his junior year (which is pretty common) you are talking about a very well rounded player.

Oweh OVR v. Conf only
MPFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS

1711391998064.png

1711392078976.png

Something we know already but

an account that DMs me to retweet their stuff....

View attachment 1094
I mean, brutal to me would be if OU lost Jalon Moore, Kaden Cooper, or Luke Northweather right now.

Hugley leaving has been a possibility, but Garrison can replace him. Los leaving sucks but he was a liability down the stretch at times in the 2nd half of the season. McCollum leaving makes sense with the type of guards OU has been targeting in the portal so far too.

I mean, brutal to me would be if OU lost Jalon Moore, Kaden Cooper, or Luke Northweather right now.

Hugley leaving has been a possibility, but Garrison can replace him. Los leaving sucks but he was a liability down the stretch at times in the 2nd half of the season. McCollum leaving makes sense with the type of guards OU has been targeting in the portal so far too.
Moore and Cooper, yes. Northweather? Meh

Moore and Cooper are the only ones who would really sting. Wouldn’t mind keeping JM if his role changes next year if we bring in a better PG. And we can certainly find plenty of guys better than Luke, although I have no idea if Porter will be able to sign them. Sadly, I have zero idea what we have in Cole. Don’t know if he will be a player or a nonfactor going forward.

Yeah, I have a couple of Tad Glibert follows I need to enter. It got late last night and I gave up. After a couple of energy drinks, I hit a wall. :ROFLMAO:

As far as where he'll end up? No idea yet, haven't seen any rumors nor dug too deep. Safe bet: a blueblood type (KU, UK, Duke, whoever has the space and need) or whoever has a huge bag of cash.

I'll add him and a couple of others at some point today. I need to find a better way to designate the real targets vs just follows/contact.
Thanks. I should have said I thought it was a very long shot of OU being involved.

I really appreciate all you do.

Given the choice between Northweather and Oweh, give me Oweh every time--and again, I was frustrated with his play the second half of this season. I know we need bigs, but Northweather's minimal contributions are easily replaced in my view.

Cooper couldn't see the floor as a freshman; enthusiasm about him is entirely based on his rating as a recruit--it's certainly not based on anything he's done as a Sooner. I'll be convinced he's a valuable piece when he demonstrates that he is.

Moore, I'm with you on.

Given the choice between Northweather and Oweh, give me Oweh every time--and again, I was frustrated with his play the second half of this season. I know we need bigs, but Northweather's minimal contributions are easily replaced in my view.

Cooper couldn't see the floor as a freshman; enthusiasm about him is entirely based on his rating as a recruit--it's certainly not based on anything he's done as a Sooner. I'll be convinced he's a valuable piece when he demonstrates that he is.

Moore, I'm with you on.
Cooper was arguably our most impressive player in the TCU game. Played smarter, steadier minutes than all the upperclassmen. Combine that with the athleticism we all know he has, and he would be a big loss after a wasted season.

Moore, I'm with you on.
Seeing as how we haven't seen a player really improve shooting wise, what makes you think Oweh would improve on his shooting/spacing? Dude has a really bad case of the yips. I would argue, seeing Godwin's improvement, it is more likely we see a jump in Luke's play than we do in Oweh's. (Not saying one outweighs the other for next year)

At least Humphrey has shown some development with Godwin. We just need a bigger jump from Luke being strong inside and learning how to box out properly for his size. If that is the case, he is more upside as a floor spacer for the offense than Oweh.

Considering we haven't had a good producing big since Spangler, it is tough to trade a slashing wing for a big, IMO.

I could very well be wrong and Luke takes no jump and is more of the same. But we need inside presence. WE NEED BIG MEN. Badly.

Cooper was arguably our most impressive player in the TCU game. Played smarter, steadier minutes than all the upperclassmen. Combine that with the athleticism we all know he has, and he would be a big loss after a wasted season.
I think you should probably go look at the box score again

The Oweh situation is so weird. Why did Moser even recruit him? He was obviously a little bit of a project coming out of high school but it was clear he would excel in a really fast paced offense. But that’s not what Moser wants. Even when he’s got the dudes who can do it.

By the time Owen is a senior we will be wishing he stuck it out. But he clearly does not fit in the Moser offense so the loss is not huge.

I think his bad shooting form and lack of basketball IQ will always kind of hinder him. He’ll never be a superstar because of those things.

EDIT: it does suck losing an athlete who we all know would do better if he played in a pressure defense, high temp offense team. Instead we get slow boring offense.

Go watch the game again. Box scores don’t tell the whole story. Cooper outplayed Uzan, Oweh, etc.
I saw Cooper get abused on the defensive end several times and look lost. Potential is there. He is line to be a starting guard or 6th man type next season.

Arguably is the key word there. He played 12 minutes, scored three points and grabbed four rebounds, and correct me if I'm wrong, but OU was trailing by 15 or more for the majority of his minutes.

You've been touting him all season based on nothing but his recruiting rankings, so, with respect, I'll need see more than your endorsement to be fully sold on him. I'll be very happy if and when he starts living up to the hype, but he's not come close to doing so thus far.

The Oweh situation is so weird. Why did Moser even recruit him? He was obviously a little bit of a project coming out of high school but it was clear he would excel in a really fast paced offense. But that’s not what Moser wants. Even when he’s got the dudes who can do it.

By the time Owen is a senior we will be wishing he stuck it out. But he clearly does not fit in the Moser offense so the loss is not huge.

I think his bad shooting form and lack of basketball IQ will always kind of hinder him. He’ll never be a superstar because of those things.

EDIT: it does suck losing an athlete who we all know would do better if he played in a pressure defense, high temp offense team. Instead we get slow boring offense.
Meh. Athlete that happens to play basketball. But yet, not an elite enough athlete tho to be a factor in the big 12 and/or a loss on this team (unless we only sign bums in portal)

It was the first game where Cooper didn't look entirely lost. He was surprisingly good. Gave me hope, assuming they can get him to stick around.
He previously had been put in conference games with about 3 minutes left in blowouts. TCU was his first chance to play somewhat extended minutes when the game was at least theoretically still in the balance.

He was a sophomore. He's developing. Losing a developing young player who is a fantastic athlete and defender in addition to the huge scoring jump he made is NOT a good thing.

23 points, 5 rebounds against #1 seed North Carolina
13 points, 4 rebounds against Iowa
16 points, 4 rebounds against USC
13 points, 3 rebounds against Providence
14 points, 2 rebounds against Arkansas
12 points, 6 rebounds against Kansas
12 points, 10 rebounds against WVU
14 points, 4 rebounds against Cincy
14 points, 6 rebounds against Texas Tech
16 points, 3 rebounds against Oklahoma State
16 points, 4 rebounds against TCU
10 points, 2 rebounds against Texas

No way around it... He's a good player and its a loss for the team if he goes in the portal and doesn't come back. With some marginal improvements into his junior year (which is pretty common) you are talking about a very well rounded player.
I don't see marginal improvements.. he needs dribbles, better shooting form (hardest thing to learn/unlearn), and smarts

He previously had been put in conference games with about 3 minutes left in blowouts. TCU was his first chance to play somewhat extended minutes when the game was at least theoretically still in the balance.
Right. And in those small minutes he looked completely lost.

Back