MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Milos should be next.
66c2355d05b44f308d8a854a7d33bc0f.gif

luke and sam locked in!

yay

It sucks to lose uzan and oweh imo. They are both replaceable in the portal, but I don’t think Moser is the type of coach who will be successful turning over a mostly new roster every year. It is especially concerning to rely on the portal when you have below average NIL.
Honestly, if Moser can adapt I think we’ll find he’s better with transfers than high school recruits. But I don’t think he can adapt his system each year to the team he’s got.

Honestly, if Moser can adapt I think we’ll find he’s better with transfers than high school recruits. But I don’t think he can adapt his system each year to the team he’s got.
Yeah, I wish Kelvin (or Kruger) could transfer some offensive learning from the NBA over to Moser to speed up the transition he needs to make. Although Jamal Shead’s guard play did remind me of Hollis during our game … not surprising I suppose lol.

Yeah, I wish Kelvin (or Kruger) could transfer some offensive learning from the NBA over to Moser to speed up the transition he needs to make. Although Jamal Shead’s guard play did remind me of Hollis during our game … not surprising I suppose lol.
I agree!

His four boards in 12 minutes are more than Oweh averaged on the season despite starting 25+ games.
One 12 minute spurt vs a season avg are not even close to being in the same realm of comparable.

1 rebound every 3 minutes, Oweh has done that this year. (twice)

He did better than that v. Central Michigan (8 Rebs in 20 mins) and West Virginia (10 rebs in 29 mins). Silly to compare them based on a small 12 minute spurt. Especially when your slasher isn't your biggest rebounding factor. Oweh played as much as he did bc he was the best defender on our team. (highest DRtg based on EvanMiya)

I just don't understand that small sample size comparison you made. Was it for a hyperbolic example of something or sarcasm? Please correct me if I missed something about that exchange previously.

Cooper had shown a higher adeptness to rebound, based on his per40. But, it is tough to really compare with the small sample size. Blame Moser or Cooper there?. Either one was stuck behind too many experienced bodies and couldn't learn the offense or one was too stubborn to play a true freshman. Both could be true or not, who knows?

Oweh's per40
1711400184036.png

Cooper's per40
1711400166894.png

Random.

I didn't know Ray had a son playing CBB.

Only played in one game.

------------

This kid was followed and is now officially in the portal.

Yeah lol. Luke and Sam are nice additions to have but JM, Cooper and Moore are a must imo.

I don’t see why Moore would transfer. He’s got a great gig at OU. I don’t think he’ll find better out there.

No disrespect, but one of them needs to move on to greener pastures. Hughley as well. We can’t have anymore big men who can’t defend.

Oweh leaving is good for him. He needs to find a school to play his brand of basketball. I like him, but his lack of skill was exposed down the stretch.

No disrespect, but one of them needs to move on to greener pastures. Hughley as well. We can’t have anymore big men who can’t defend.

Oweh leaving is good for him. He needs to find a school to play his brand of basketball. I like him, but his lack of skill was exposed down the stretch.

If ou has garrison/godwin/northweather as our posts next year, I will feel very good about it. Godwin/northweather coming off the bench is fine w me.

Back