MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I will say, Overton made two really smart decisions (or had help, IDK); taking a post-grad year at Sunrise & choosing to start his career at a good program like Drake. I'm not sure on the complete fit but I'll honest, I'd pick KO over Oweh. Overton looks like the better basketball player, Oweh looks like the better athlete.

I saw this kid in High School and am thrilled he’s having success. I’m not sure OU is a good fit for his style of play.
A lot of no shows to end the season (in a mid-major league). Don’t need that again with how Oweh and Uzan played this season.
IMG_2550.jpeg

1. Dude wears long sleeves.. I'm in.
2. Lefty.. they are weird and hard to guard.
3. good size/better at basketball than Oweh looks like to me.

For context.

He’s actually able to make a move to get to the rim. That’s so important, especially in college ball.

Athleticism is great, but if you can’t use it in conjunction with a variety of ways to get to the rim, then it’s useless. Oweh relied on being more bouncy/quick than his defender most of the time. Like Boneman loves to say, he’s just a bull in a china shop.

Nowhere, they’re trying to sell Garrison on playing beside him.
Funny how Self is now selling going back to the 3:2 motion, with Garrison and Dickinson going more high-low, when he has been selling the 4:1 and 5-out to get the shooters and Dickinson the last few years. Completely changing what he does and who he's been at the core just to recruit a player or two to his roster.

As it's been discussed with PM, I'm a believer a coach should modify his game plan or system to match his roster abilities. But Self is completely selling out just to get the roster.

Funny how Self is now selling going back to the 3:2 motion, with Garrison and Dickinson going more high-low, when he has been selling the 4:1 and 5-out to get the shooters and Dickinson the last few years. Completely changing what he does and who he's been at the core just to recruit a player or two to his roster.

As it's been discussed with PM, I'm a believer a coach should modify his game plan or system to match his roster abilities. But Self is completely selling out just to get the roster.
Hard to argue with the results.

Unless Self is just losing it, I find it hard to believe he would go back in time. 3:2 motion seems antiquated when today's game is based on spacing and shooting.

Self is as phony as his hair

Back