MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Get what? I’m not a homer. I would take Bill Self and his 3:2 offense with Garrison and Dickinson over whatever role Moser would have BG in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What would BG do in Moser’s offense that Godwin or Northweather couldn’t do? The only successful big man in Moser’s offense was Krutwig. I don’t know much about him but I do think he and BG are much different players.

I would take hunter and BG as well. Everyone in America would.

Now if you can’t see the difference bw Luke Sam and BG. That tells me and everyone else we need to know.

Carry on.

Glibert followed all of these players in the last couple of days:

Rowan Brumbaugh (Georgetown)
Ja’Kobi Gillespie (Belmont)
Kobe Johnson (USC)
Kanye Clary (Penn State)
Koren Johnson (Washington)
Dug McDaniel (Michigan)
Brandon Garrison (OK State)
Tyrin Lawrence (Vanderbilt)
Tyler Cochran (Toledo)
Layden Blocker (Arkansas)
Javon Small (OK State)
Devo Davis (Arkansas)
Tre Dinkins (Canisius)
Cam Carter (KState)
Gibson Jimerson (Saint Louis)
Jordan Ivy-Curry (UTSA)

He unfollowed all of them but the ones in bold

And then followed Jamal Mashburn Jr (New Mexico).

Weird.

Kobe Johnson (USC)
Kanye Clary (Penn State)
Dug McDaniel (Michigan)
Tyler Cochran (Toledo)
Javon Small (OK State)
Devo Davis (Arkansas)
Tre Dinkins (Canisius)
Cam Carter (KState)
Jordan Ivy-Curry (UTSA)

Weird.
Unfollowing Garrison doesn’t make me happy

And a lot of that is on Self for some recruiting misses, or guys not panning out to their hype. Might be news to some of those on the board, but PM isn't the only one that didn't develop incoming talent to their potential this year.

By all projections, they had 3PT shooters and depth. Everyone would have thought that McCullar, Furphy, Timberlake, and Jackson, along with Harris at the top, would be a strong outside threat as a group. It didn't pan out quite as expected. Some of that may be blamed on the Morris situation, but he had like 10 guards on the roster, so depth shouldn't have been an issue. But he did severely miscalculate his needs and depth on the front line, at least how it was reflected in the roster makeup.

Just think, KU had one fewer loss than us on the season, two years removed from a NC and, if correct, with 10 4 & 5-star recruits/MCDAA/top 100 players on the roster.
Here is the difference. Self specifically said that he didn’t do a good job with the roster. That was the whole point of his press conference after the game. I didn’t do a good job assembling the roster or developing depth, so I’ve been thinking about how to do a better job. By contrast, Moser calls a presser to blame the committee and talk about how good we were at full strength. And that record you point to may look a bit different if we played UConn, Tennessee, Marquette, and Kentucky rather than Norman North, Dale, Booker T Washington, and Enid School for the Blind.

Self definitely deserves blame for this year. But I’d ask: do you trust him to fix it based on his track record?

Kobe Johnson (USC)
Kanye Clary (Penn State)
Dug McDaniel (Michigan)
Tyler Cochran (Toledo)
Javon Small (OK State)
Devo Davis (Arkansas)
Tre Dinkins (Canisius)
Cam Carter (KState)
Jordan Ivy-Curry (UTSA)

Weird.
That’s super odd.

Kobe Johnson (USC)
Kanye Clary (Penn State)
Dug McDaniel (Michigan)
Tyler Cochran (Toledo)
Javon Small (OK State)
Devo Davis (Arkansas)
Tre Dinkins (Canisius)
Cam Carter (KState)
Jordan Ivy-Curry (UTSA)

Weird.
Hopefully still in for Garrison.

Here is the difference. Self specifically said that he didn’t do a good job with the roster. That was the whole point of his press conference after the game. I didn’t do a good job assembling the roster or developing depth, so I’ve been thinking about how to do a better job. By contrast, Moser calls a presser to blame the committee and talk about how good we were at full strength. And that record you point to may look a bit different if we played UConn, Tennessee, Marquette, and Kentucky rather than Norman North, Dale, Booker T Washington, and Enid School for the Blind.

Self definitely deserves blame for this year. But I’d ask: do you trust him to fix it based on his track record?

You can also assume that Ou’s record would look a lot better if we had KU’s roster.

Guarantee moser would have traded rosters and schedules.

So losing Oweh & Uzan seems concerning. Wonder if they’ll thrive at their next stop? My guess is yes.

That’s super odd.
Hopefully still in for Garrison.
I'm wondering if they figured out that we're tracking their follows (or just Tad himself) and are attempting to go "dark". Some of those kids are likely still being recruited, like Garrison.

and then the other odd part is: Gillespie isn't going to OU and I don't think the Cochran kid is good enough....so following them still is semi-dumb.

Back