MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I'm wondering if they figured out that we're tracking their follows (or just Tad himself) and are attempting to go "dark". Some of those kids are likely still being recruited, like Garrison.

and then the other odd part is: Gillespie isn't going to OU and I don't think the Cochran kid is good enough....so following them still is semi-dumb.
This feels like a fair argument. Even if Garrison was leaning Kansas they aren’t backing off on him.

lol since Hugley is rumored to be thinking about portaling, here’s a text convo I had when he came into picklemans while I was there. This was March 6th so he was already injured and likely done for the year. (I’m not accusing anyone of foul play, just think it’s funny)

This is peak message board. 10/10, no notes. Thank you for sharing, you made my night.

Bamisile and Noland did. But I think that has a lot to do with not playing in the Big 12 anymore
Depends upon one's definition of "thrived":

Gibson averaged 16 pts, 5 assists and 3 rebounds at Depaul compared to 13/2/2 at OU.

Mason averaged 18/3/4 at Mizzou State.

Groves did about the same as UVA as he did at OU, but he got to play in the Big Dance.

Harkless averaged 19/3/5 at UNLV compared to 10/2/4 his final season at OU.

Hill was averaging 10/2/6 at UNLV when he got hurt, about the same as at OU.

I presume Williams, who left after Moser was hired but never played for him, doesn't count, but he certainly thrived, as did Manek.

Probably a bench guy who will step into Moores roll the next year.
I'd like them to play together. Kyle 6'9. Would think he's the starting center if we don't get a guy like Garrison. Also, he doesn't seem very skilled.. more pick/role guy/defender.

Seems like a similar player to Moore, is this more of a safety net if moore decides to test free agency or looking to run them together?
Together. IMO

I don't have any substantial intel when it comes to Moore, maybe @CoachTalk does, but I have no reason to think Moore is unhappy or looking to leave. And I'm guessing OU finds a way to make him happier (wink emoji). He's the cornerstone, team leader. It's "his" team.

Kyle and Moore are different. Kyle is pretty much your old school big type. Back to the basket, strong rebounder, athletic, springy, excels at cleaning up a lot of the mess (OREB, put backs, in transition, etc). If anything, adding Kyle would slide Godwin to the bench or at the very least, reduce his playing time (I think Kyle would start, he's just better).

Together. IMO

I don't have any substantial intel when it comes to Moore, maybe @CoachTalk does, but I have no reason to think Moore is unhappy or looking to leave. And I'm guessing OU finds a way to make him happier (wink emoji). He's the cornerstone, team leader. It's "his" team.

Kyle and Moore are different. Kyle is pretty much your old school big type. Back to the basket, strong rebounder, athletic, springy, excels at cleaning up a lot of the mess (OREB, put backs, in transition, etc). If anything, adding Kyle would slide Godwin to the bench or at the very least, reduce his playing time (I think Kyle would start, he's just better).

I’ve heard nothing about him leaving.

I know they are gonna offer BG the max NIL they can. They have called daily.

Probably a bench guy who will step into Moores roll the next year.
I doubt he's looking to transfer to come off the bench his senior year.

Says he is 6'9, is he not big enough to start at the 5? I don't know much (anything) about the kid.

I’ve heard nothing about him leaving.

I know they are gonna offer BG the max NIL they can. They have called daily.
I don't think he'd leave, I know he's a priority, just more so obviously never know in today's game. Was more so trying to figure out if he's a type of player you could run a possible Garrison/Kyle/Moore/transfer guard/mcollum Lineup or if he is a type that can only play as a 5.

Also is the SEC rule in basketball the same as the SEC football rule on transferring in conference after a certain date.

Let's say you do lose....

Oweh (in portal)
Uzan
Hugley

That gives you 4 spots available

1 true center (Garrison fits here)
1 athletic 4/5 (Kyle is an example)
1 G/F (or wing) (Overton is an example)
1 PG/CG (Ivy-Curry is an example)

Personally, that's why I'd nudge Keita elsewhere. Not a fun decision by any means. He seems like a good dude. One more scholarship offers even more versatility with your additions.

Back