MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I made a comment about this in the NCAA tourney thread, but off the top of my head here are some of the OKpreps guys that ended up elsewhere and have turned out pretty good:

• Bryce Thompson (Kansas --> OSU)
  • Jaxson Robinson (TAMU --> BYU)
  • Trey Alexander (Creighton)
  • Sean Pedulla (Va Tech)
  • Brandon Garrison (OSU --> ???)
  • Parker Friedrichsen (Wake Forest)
  • Brandon Garrison (OSU --> OU)
Fixed it for you, friend.

I made a comment about this in the NCAA tourney thread, but off the top of my head here are some of the OKpreps guys that ended up elsewhere and have turned out pretty good:

• Bryce Thompson (Kansas --> OSU)
  • Jaxson Robinson (TAMU --> BYU)
  • Trey Alexander (Creighton)
  • Sean Pedulla (Va Tech)
  • Brandon Garrison (OSU --> ???)
  • Parker Friedrichsen (Wake Forest)

BT hasn't turned out "pretty good" yet ..

Let's say you do lose....

Oweh (in portal)
Uzan
Hugley

That gives you 4 spots available

1 true center (Garrison fits here)
1 athletic 4/5 (Kyle is an example)
1 G/F (or wing) (Overton is an example)
1 PG/CG (Ivy-Curry is an example)

Personally, that's why I'd nudge Keita elsewhere. Not a fun decision by any means. He seems like a good dude. One more scholarship offers even more versatility with your additions.
And if that's all that is lost, and PM can replace Los, Tega, Hugley, and Keita with those names mentioned (or somewhat equivalent), along with a true shooter from the wing, it would be a huge net upgrade on talent, athleticism, need, and fit.

Transfer portal is part of college athletics, especially basketball, in 2024. It isn't always the doom and gloom nor portrays a story about the coach that many make it out to be.

PM won the portal swap last year, IMO, and now has a great chance to do the same. If he can, that and the change to the SEC should translate to the 4-6 more wins needed.

And if that's all that is lost, and PM can replace Los, Tega, Hugley, and Keita with those names mentioned (or somewhat equivalent), along with a true shooter from the wing, it would be a huge net upgrade on talent, athleticism, need, and fit.

Transfer portal is part of college athletics, especially basketball, in 2024. It isn't always the doom and gloom nor portrays a story about the coach that many make it out to be.

PM won the portal swap last year, IMO, and now has a great chance to do the same. If he can, that and the change to the SEC should translate to the 4-6 more wins needed.
I'd be shocked if we replace what we're losing this year. Uzan/Oweh maybe. But add in Soares/Darthard, and that becomes a pretty tall order.

We'll see what it looks like when the process is completed.

I'd be shocked if we replace what we're losing this year. Uzan/Oweh maybe. But add in Soares/Darthard, and that becomes a pretty tall order.

We'll see what it looks like when the process is completed.
Of course. But I only was referencing those portalling out. Technically, Waldo and Darthard would be replaced by incoming HS recruits, and those like Cooper and Cole. At this point from speculation, we are only replacing Tega, Los, and Hugley from transfers. The names being targeted would easily do that.

At this time last year, many felt that we were losing too much to the portal, and Hill leaving was catastrophic. But I'd take Waldo every day of the week over Hill. and Darthard, JMac, and Moore easily surpassed what we lost in athleticism and ability.

Back