MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I doubt he's looking to transfer to come off the bench his senior year.

Says he is 6'9, is he not big enough to start at the 5? I don't know much (anything) about the kid.
I’ll be honest I was thinking he was a like a sophomore.

I think Garrison is going to get a huge bag and I don't know if we can compete with the KUs of the world. We'll see. I don't see a kid turning down 100s of thousands to go to OU.

They did include Frankie Fidler + OU contact. I don't think the tweet in reference is true. And it doesn't likely matter, Fidler will pick between Nebraska and/or Wisconsin, IMO. If I get a legit source on OU's contact, I'll list him though.

And I left off the two D2 kids (Jaden Wells/Taelon Peter). I do think OU reached out, maybe just a DM or grad assistant to watch film (IDK), but not with enough veracity that I'd call them targets, at this point. If that changes, I'll add them as well.
And Fidler has been contacted by OU....but I have no reason to think much traction will be gained. I'll add him though. I need to do a lot of cleaning up/additions to the list.

Since entering the transfer portal, Fidler has heard from double-digit schools all across the country. As of Monday evening, the 20+ point per game scorer tells Badger247 that schools such as Creighton, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Alabama, Xavier and Oklahoma have been in contact the most thus far.

Fidler measures up at 6-7 and 210 pounds, and averaged over 20 points a game this past season, as well as 46% shooting and over 35% from long range, as a standout at Omaha. A Nebraska native, Fidler was high school teammates with Wisconsin point guard Chucky Hepburn before their respective college careers began.

Fidler tells 247Sports that he visited Creighton on Monday, plans to visit Nebraska (Lincoln) on Thursday, and then check out the Badgers’ program in Madison this upcoming weekend.

Let's say you do lose....

Oweh (in portal)
Uzan
Hugley

That gives you 4 spots available

1 true center (Garrison fits here)
1 athletic 4/5 (Kyle is an example)
1 G/F (or wing) (Overton is an example)
1 PG/CG (Ivy-Curry is an example)

Personally, that's why I'd nudge Keita elsewhere. Not a fun decision by any means. He seems like a good dude. One more scholarship offers even more versatility with your additions.
And if you add that extra spot available I'd go....

Pure knockdown shooter. Someone who can/would shoot 40%+ from 3P. Of course, additional abilities like being a strong defender, ability to help with ball handling, etc would be optimal. OU desperately needs a floor spacing shooter.

It's kind of like having Andrel Anthony (when healthy) or Brenen Thompson (Hollywood, Dede in years past) at WR...."guys who can take the top off the defense". Or in other words, frees up a lot other routes/space. Stresses the hell out of the defenses.

OU needs the basketball version. A kid the opposition has to account for as soon as they step onto the court.

You could do it with only 4 spots though. I'm being greedy, lol

1711468641367.png

I guess I can try to make a list of all former OKPREPS players in CBB....especially the ones who end up in the portal.

Landing a legitimately good big is essential. I sure hope we are actively pursuing a lot of them. I don't disagree with the premise that the elite bigs cost a lot of money, but I also know that I have seen a lot of bigs in the tourney who are far better than anyone we have had in years. Not all of those guys were highly rated recruits who would have commanded big bucks. We have to figure this out. If we go into next year with Sam and Luke as our two best options, we have no shot, even if we land a couple good guards.

And if you add that extra spot available I'd go....

Pure knockdown shooter. Someone who can/would shoot 40%+ from 3P. Of course, additional abilities like being a strong defender, ability to help with ball handling, etc would be optimal. OU desperately needs a floor spacing shooter.

It's kind of like having Andrel Anthony (when healthy) or Brenen Thompson (Hollywood, Dede in years past) at WR...."guys who can take the top off the defense". Or in other words, frees up a lot other routes/space. Stresses the hell out of the defenses.

OU needs the basketball version. A kid the opposition has to account for.

You could do it with only 4 spots though. I'm being greedy, lol
Another must have. We didn't have a single guy this year who ever inspired confidence shooting the three. JM was an awful shooter once the competition ramped up. Los and Oweh . . . ick. Dart was streaky and Luke missed a million wide open shots. Like you say, we need a guy who, when open, you can count on to make 40% or better. Someone who is highlighted on opposing scouting reports. Find that guy, and maybe a player like JM isn't constantly faced with multiple defenders when he tries to drive.

And as someone pointed out during the season, Moore needs to realize that the corner three is the one he should take. He could knock that down, but other threes . . . not so much.

Landing a legitimately good big is essential.
Agreed, but we are going to need some guards as well. If Uzan/Oweh leave, we pretty much have JM and Cooper. JM has his limits, and Cooper couldn't even get on the floor this year. Need at least 3 other "good/solid" players at the guard spots. And they need to be pretty good players as they are going to be playing a lot.

Crazy to think that JM might be the only player getting minutes at the 1, 2, or 3 spot next year, that played any kind of substantial minutes for us this year. That is why I think we're going to need some significant guard signings as well.

Incoming students welcomed at Founders Walk, learn 'The Vanderbilt Way' -  YouTube

View attachment 1120

I guess I can try to make a list of all former OKPREPS players in CBB....especially the ones who end up in the portal.
I made a comment about this in the NCAA tourney thread, but off the top of my head here are some of the OKpreps guys that ended up elsewhere and have turned out pretty good:

• Bryce Thompson (Kansas --> OSU)
  • Jaxson Robinson (TAMU --> BYU)
  • Trey Alexander (Creighton)
  • Sean Pedulla (Va Tech)
  • Brandon Garrison (OSU --> ???)
  • Parker Friedrichsen (Wake Forest)

As an Auburn alum, let me just tell you. No thanks. This is not the type of player we need at all. Would absolutely be a net negative.
Oh I wasn't saying that guy for OU, just putting it in here since it's portal related.

Back