MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4 (Achor Achor expected to visit OU per Trilly)

CG Brycen Goodine (Fairfield) - 1 YOE

The first thing that jumps out to me is his 3P% (47%). Black Rob said it best: WHOA. When I watch his youtube, I see several things....

1. He can play at the power 5 level. I have no doubts about that (he started his career at Syracuse).
2. He has the "dog" that is the first thing I want to identify. In other words, you can see he loves to hoop and he's going to compete night in, night out. Even in a highlight video, it oozes out, IMO. Hypothetically, I'd have no interest in trying to get college kids motivated. It's now a business and you're expected to compete. Find the types who have it built in.
3. He has versatility, or he's a combo guard, which would be what you want...even if you land Pedulla.

Goodine had games where he put up 37 & 40. Not bad.

Could OU do better than Goodine? Maybe but they could do a whole lot worse as well, for sure.

He just visited New Mexico. I'd be cool with OU bringing him in for a visit. If they want to, they better make it happen soon (strong Lobo lean).

Finally.

Random thoughts no one asked for...

PG Devon Barnes (Tarleton State) - 2 YOE

The more I dig into this kid, box scores from last year, the accessible youtube, Twitter highlights, etc, I don't see an SEC level starter. On the surface, he has a really good 3P%, FT %, ppg, etc....but he doesn't do much outside of that, he's small, and I truly think he'd be better served as a backup at the power 5 level or a starter at the mid major level. His best bet is to find a better mid major (Tarleton was pretty good though) or a mid major closer to GA (his home state). Say High Point, that would suit him well. If OU's thinking about bringing him in as a backup PG, fine, whatever. I'd pass if the thought is as a starter.

CG Brycen Goodine (Fairfield) - 1 YOE

The first thing that jumps out to me is his 3P% (47%). Black Rob said it best: WHOA. When I watch his youtube, I see several things....

1. He can play at the power 5 level. I have no doubts about that (he started his career at Syracuse).
2. He has the "dog" that is the first thing I want to identify. In other words, you can see he loves to hoop and he's going to compete night in, night out. Even in a highlight video, it oozes out, IMO. Hypothetically, I'd have no interest in trying to get college kids motivated. It's now a business and you're expected to compete. Find the types who have it built in.
3. He has versatility, or he's a combo guard, which would be what you want...even if you land Pedulla.

Goodine had games where he put up 37 & 40. Not bad.

Could OU do better than Goodine? Maybe but they could do a whole lot worse as well, for sure.

He just visited New Mexico. I'd be cool with OU bringing him in for a visit. If they want to, they better make it happen soon (strong Lobo lean).

SF Zach Anderson (Florida Gulf Coast) - 1 YOE

Another kid with a great 3P% (46%). However, I don't see a high level athlete. He looks more like an undersized stretch 4. If he was brought into OU as the 6th man, I would have zero complaints. He can play at the SEC level IMO but I see it as more of a bench contributor. I don't know if you could really pull off a Jalon Moore + Anderson starting lineup (depends on the team you're playing, I guess).

SF Micah Parrish (San Diego State) - 1 YOE

A mature/experienced kid with easily recognizable talent, from a winning program, who's going to play pro ball (gleague/overseas)? That works, right? Sadly, I think those same ingredients will likely price OU out of the market for Parrish. Maybe I'm wrong but a lot of top tier programs will want a kid like this on their team. Strong defender, smart, not perfect but a winning type player, for sure. We'll see, maybe OU can sneak in after he goes through the draft process.

SF Aaron Scott (North Texas) - 1 YOE

As mentioned, Aaron is the brother of OU WBB basketball player, Liz Scott. Aaron visited Memphis this past weekend and has a St. John's visit planned. Why not go after him? Would a duo of Jalon Moore and Scott work? Maybe, maybe not...but Scott is a high level defender. He's also capable shooter. He's a good player. I hope, for his sake, he stays away from Memphis, lol.

Just for reference. (page 149, Apr 16th.)

Visiting tomorrow per Bob P
I love watching this guy shoot the basketball. Super strong and solid base and lift, has his feet under him every time off varied sets whether he catches stepping left first, right first, off the hop, off movement, off the dribble or a stepback etc, the balance and explosion off the floor is so solid and repeatable.

Good athlete too and can handle the pick & roll game. He’d be a great addition.

The New Bedford, Mass. native began his collegiate career in the ACC at Syracuse, playing in 23 games for the Orange in 2019-20. He played scholastically at St. Andrew's School in Barrington, R.I., where he was named the 2019 NEPSAC Class AA Player of the Year and 2018 Gatorade Player of the Year for Rhode Island. Goodine was a top-100 player in his high school class per ESPN.com, Rivals.com and 247Sports.com

Goodine-Elvis-Jones would be a solid start, not bad all.

Would definitely still need a big fish tho. Someone who can score and handle.
Agreed.

Wouldn't be all too bad. Decent recovery.

But...

Find a true transfer PG, somehow.

1. Transfer "star"
2. Goodine
3. Jadon J
4. Moore
5. Garrison or Godwin or ?

6. Elvis
7. Godwin, maybe, if you get better at C
8. Cooper
9. Northweather
10. Forsythe
11. Atak
12. Cole
13. Yaya

You could have a battle at 2 with Elvis and/or Goodine. I prefer Goodine but sure, Elvis could win the battle in practice (or after a couple of games).

Cooper could play more of a small 3.

IF you can find a really good PG and one more big/center.....

8 Ideas which sounded crazy but actually worked

Last edited:
More things to love about Goodine.

Maturity. 5th year kid. He'll be 25 years old when he finishes his last year. BYU-esque, lol.

Chip on his shoulder. Adversity. You think a former Syracuse/Providence player, top 100 ish kid, who has had several setbacks that pushed him to the MAAC, isn't out to prove he belongs with the "big dogs"? Think again, IMO. Assumption: there was some New Mexico commitment talk when I searched 10 (ish) days ago....I assume he held off because he wanted to get back to the level he belongs at (SEC/ACC/B12/B10/BEast). Not that the MWC is complete trash, it's a good (regular season) league.

Team player. Doesn't seem like a me first type (as much as you can judge online). Former high major player, gets to Fairfield, injures himself (1st year at Fairfield), and then plays this last season as the 6th man. Some kids would bitch that they're being treated unfairly, that they're better than being a bench player, and in this era, a lot of them just tap the hell out (portal). Nope, he took to the role and became the MAAC 6th man of the year.

Young dad. If you read the article I posted (I had to turn off adblock), you'll see that Goodine is a young father. It stands to reason that he has a mindset that knows he's playing for more than himself (or nowadays, earning his paycheck to provide for his kiddo).

Last edited:
More things to love about Goodine.

Maturity. 5th year kid. He'll be 25 years old when he finishes his last year. BYU-esque, lol.

Chip on his shoulder. Adversity. You think a former Syracuse/Providence player, top 100 ish kid, who has had several setbacks that pushed him to the MAAC, isn't out to prove he belongs with the "big dogs"? Think again, IMO. Assumption: there was some New Mexico commitment talk when I searched 10 (ish) days ago....I assume he held off because he wanted to get back to the level he belongs at (SEC/ACC/B12/B10/BEast). Not that the MWC is complete trash, it's a good (regular season) league.

Team player. Doesn't seem like a me first type (as much as you can judge online). Former high major player, gets to Fairfield, injures himself (1st year at Fairfield), and then plays this last season as the 6th man. Some kids would bitch that they're being treated unfairly, that they're better than being a bench player, and in this era, a lot of them just tap the hell out (portal). Nope, he took to the role and became the MAAC 6th man of the year.

Young dad. If you read the article I posted (I had to turn off adblock), you'll see that Goodine is a young father. It stands to reason that he has a mindset that knows he's playing for more than himself (or nowadays, earning his paycheck to provide for his kiddo).

Yeah the scoring ability is evident if you watch his 23/24 stuff but it’s hard to tell anything about whether he’s going to defend, play hard, etc when you’re mostly just watching a scoring reel. I came across this one from his time at Providence that inspires some confidence though.

Back