MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Even Maks, who never played, was able to contribute something last season when we were shorthanded.

If you’re telling me we can’t find someone like that to replace Yaya, we will have to agree to disagree.
Agree.

I'm smart enough to know that not everyone's going to be able to play. Most teams play 7-10 players most nights (excluding blowouts).

I'm also smart enough to know that you need great locker room kids. You need practice depth. Etc.

But I'd have a simple motto for this...."while not every kid can play, we want every kid to be able to play". In other words, every scholarship would be filled with kids who, if forced into action (injury/foul trouble/etc), can play at OU's level (SEC now). Yaya isn't an SEC level big. Never will be. Harsh? Maybe.

There are certainly kids out there who would make better use of Yaya's scholarship. But at this point, it's one of those chit sandwiches that we're forced to eat and it's whatever.

Robinson’s shot selection…let’s just say Porter might take issue with it.

Don’t necessarily disagree with this take BUT we really need a solid stretch4 and a good 5. IMO. This has killed us all 3 previous years of PM. Keep Sam as a backup 5. Hopefully if you get the stretch 4 and the 5 then Norwether and Yaya transfer allowing us to get more guards/wings and another backup type big.
If Moore stays, we don't need a 4 at all this year. That is likely where both Cole and Atak should be playing. They are young, but you can't have four 4's on the roster.

We don’t need ‘guys’ like that. Maybe it’s ok to have ONE charity case on the deep bench.

But I’d rather it be someone with potential to become a rotation player OR someone like Northweather who fits the offense and can hit some 3s.

Not just someone who cheers hard, works hard, etc., that’s what walk-ons are for.

the basketball team can do what the football team is doing, take them off scholarship and use NIL to pay for their education. There is no cap on NIL. Andy Bass from Heritage Hall is a great example. There are others. Yaya would be a good target. Right now, OU's problem is closing the deal. We have lots of visitors but they test the waters and get better offers.

We don’t need ‘guys’ like that. Maybe it’s ok to have ONE charity case on the deep bench.

But I’d rather it be someone with potential to become a rotation player OR someone like Northweather who fits the offense and can hit some 3s.

Not just someone who cheers hard, works hard, etc., that’s what walk-ons are for.
Don't necessarily disagree. But we're trying to find starters RN. We need a wing, a big, and a PG. Out of the starting five. His spot or schollie means nothing at this point.

If we get all 5 spots filled, THEN we can worry about if we could upgrade Yaya's spot. Because at this point, having a guy who wants to be here isn't a bad thing.

Because I seriously doubt Yaya's scholarship or spot in the rotation, box score, or minutes, will make any difference next year. Even if he's called to play or if we upgraded.

Don't necessarily disagree. But we're trying to find starters RN. We need a wing, a big, and a PG. Out of the starting five. His spot or schollie means nothing at this point.

If we get all 5 spots filled, THEN we can worry about if we could upgrade Yaya's spot. Because at this point, having a guy who wants to be here isn't a bad thing.

Because I seriously doubt Yaya's scholarship or spot in the rotation, box score, or minutes, will make any difference next year. Even if he's called to play or if we upgraded.
I’m not arguing processing Yaya should be a priority. Quite the opposite.

We could replace him in five minutes. The focus should be elsewhere, for sure.

Why are we arguing about Keita when we can't even get close to filling our roster?

We have a lot of problems. Him holding one of the 13 spots is pretty low on that list.
What do you mean we can’t get close?

Bringing in solid dudes weekly.

Only 4 spots open. Better be selective.

What do you mean we can’t get close?

Bringing in solid dudes weekly.

Only 4 spots open. Better be selective.
Stop. It's too early for your crap this morning.

Good Lord. Yes, everything is fine. Doing well. Excited about next season.

Sheesh.

Back