MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

“Footballguy69” username. If he ends up being wrong about the inside basketball scoop, I don’t know who I can even trust anymore.
Careful....he may be the Fourth Poster if the Message Board Apostcalypse.....

Those that bring doom and destruction to destroy any ounce of positivity and happiness on the boards.

Yeah the scoring ability is evident if you watch his 23/24 stuff but it’s hard to tell anything about whether he’s going to defend, play hard, etc when you’re mostly just watching a scoring reel. I came across this one from his time at Providence that inspires some confidence though.

Love the shooting numbers but am a little concerned/confused by his lack of playing time at the two previous stops and the modest list of schools currently looking at him. Haven’t watched his highlights so I’m not suggesting he isn’t a good player, just wonder if there is something about his game that doesn’t translate to higher level competition.

Love the shooting numbers but am a little concerned/confused by his lack of playing time at the two previous stops and the modest list of schools currently looking at him. Haven’t watched his highlights so I’m not suggesting he isn’t a good player, just wonder if there is something about his game that doesn’t translate to higher level competition.
Idk, maybe he’s gotten better as he’s matured. Much like Rivaldo, Jalon Moore, etc.

I have zero doubt this guy can help us. It’s up to Moser to make sure we don’t lean too heavily on him, though.

UNLV, Wake…that’s a battle we can and should win.
Agreed, though I believe Wake supposedly got a decent NIL bump this year. Not sure where that puts them compared to OU.

Brock Morris with a new RJ Godfrey follow on twitter btw. Not sure if that’s a good thing though because the last time he followed a player it was Overton right after we found out he was a Tech lock 😂

Agreed, though I believe Wake supposedly got a decent NIL bump this year. Not sure where that puts them compared to OU.

Brock Morris with a new RJ Godfrey follow on twitter btw. Not sure if that’s a good thing though because the last time he followed a player it was Overton right after we found out he was a Tech lock 😂
Tim Duncan funds wakes. It’s plentiful

We have to make Jones and Goodine offers they can’t refuse.

No excuses imo. Put up or shut up time for the staff.

We have some money to offer. Pair that w/ a good plan for these guys and there’s no reason for them to visit anywhere else.

We have some money to offer. Pair that w/ a good plan for these guys and there’s no reason for them to visit anywhere else.

lol.
If that’s easy we’d all
Get 5 stars!

How much money do we have to offer?

Don’t necessarily disagree with this take BUT we really need a solid stretch4 and a good 5. IMO. This has killed us all 3 previous years of PM. Keep Sam as a backup 5. Hopefully if you get the stretch 4 and the 5 then Norwether and Yaya transfer allowing us to get more guards/wings and another backup type big.

Don’t necessarily disagree with this take BUT we really need a solid stretch4 and a good 5. IMO. This has killed us all 3 previous years of PM. Keep Sam as a backup 5. Hopefully if you get the stretch 4 and the 5 then Norwether and Yaya transfer allowing us to get more guards/wings and another backup type big.
I consider Sam a ‘good 5’ but we definitely need another big man, and I agree, someone who can shoot would be ideal.

Seems like Yaya is staying unfortunately. Northweather knows better than to test the market, imo. OU is by far his best option.

I consider Sam a ‘good 5’ but we definitely need another big man, and I agree, someone who can shoot would be ideal.

Seems like Yaya is staying unfortunately. Northweather knows better than to test the market, imo. OU is by far his best option.
Agreed if we could get better. But at this point, and with the lack of success at filling spots, processing Yaya will only get us a Maks-type roster position anyway. Someone that is just filling a spot because it's there. Might as well keep someone who has shown a good attitude, positivity, and a willingness to be here, without bolting for money or PT.

Sometimes a team needs a Yo-Yo to cheer and wave the towel, even if they don't play a lot. Yaya seems to be the guy who at least fits that role.

Agreed if we could get better. But at this point, and with the lack of success at filling spots, processing Yaya will only get us a Maks-type roster position anyway. Someone that is just filling a spot because it's there. Might as well keep someone who has shown a good attitude, positivity, and a willingness to be here, without bolting for money or PT.

Sometimes a team needs a Yo-Yo to cheer and wave the towel, even if they don't play a lot. Yaya seems to be the guy who at least fits that role.
I think it’s really, really questionable to keep someone around who everyone agrees cannot help us. He’s probably not even a super useful practice player.

But whatever. It’s not something to get hung up on either way.

13 scholarship players + walk ons, 13 players do not play. YaYa is not taking a spot from anyone that is going to play.
Not sure you are going to find someone in the portal to come in willing as the 12th or 13th player, or someone who expects to play but doesn't and them not cause an issue.

13 scholarship players + walk ons, 13 players do not play. YaYa is not taking a spot from anyone that is going to play.
Not sure you are going to find someone in the portal to come in willing as the 12th or 13th player, or someone who expects to play but doesn't and them not cause an issue.
Even Maks, who never played, was able to contribute something last season when we were shorthanded.

If you’re telling me we can’t find someone like that to replace Yaya, we will have to agree to disagree.

Tim Duncan funds wakes. It’s plentiful
Tim Duncan net worth is $130 million. That doesn’t mean he can give them $5-10 million per year forever, but he can help supplement them to make them relevant. BTW, Blake Griffin net worth is $110 million, so….we need to rally our donors and recruit all former players to give to the program.

If only we had someone in the AD that would care enough to accomplish this task.

I think it’s really, really questionable to keep someone around who everyone agrees cannot help us. He’s probably not even a super useful practice player.

But whatever. It’s not something to get hung up on either way.
But is it questionable and who says he's not contributing? I would like to have better than Yaya too, but every team has a #12 and #13 on the roster.

My point is not every player needs to have minutes on the floor or be in the box score to help the team. Not every one of the 13 schollies is going to play, and if he is willing to be that 11th or 12th guy, and still have a great attitude, show up every day, and get pounded in practice, all while still working his arse off, why process him?

When I was in HS, I was frustrated I didn't get more PT outside of a JV game starter. I knew I could play as I went up against an all-stater every day in practice and did okay, but had a bigger, stronger guy in front of me. At the end of the season, the All-State guy who played on the opposite side of the ball came up to me in the locker room one day and thanked me. Said I was a big factor that helped him make All-State. After the guy left, a starter whose locker was next to mine said he meant it. Going against me made him better, and everyone including the coaches knew it. They could have been B.S.ing me but it made me feel better about having some worth outside of PT.

We need guys like that on the team. And more importantly, you're not getting guys from the portal willing to be #8-10, or worse, in the rotation just to be great practice players.

And crap, Moser and the staff are struggling to get #3-#8 in the rotation. Worrying about deep on the bench or rotation is the least of their issues.

But is it questionable and who says he's not contributing? I would like to have better than Yaya too, but every team has a #12 and #13 on the roster.

My point is not every player needs to have minutes on the floor or be in the box score to help the team. Not every one of the 13 schollies is going to play, and if he is willing to be that 11th or 12th guy, and still have a great attitude, show up every day, and get pounded in practice, all while still working his arse off, why process him?

When I was in HS, I was frustrated I didn't get more PT outside of a JV game starter. I knew I could play as I went up against an all-stater every day in practice and did okay, but had a bigger, stronger guy in front of me. At the end of the season, the All-State guy who played on the opposite side of the ball came up to me in the locker room one day and thanked me. Said I was a big factor that helped him make All-State. After the guy left, a starter whose locker was next to mine said he meant it. Going against me made him better, and everyone including the coaches knew it. They could have been B.S.ing me but it made me feel better about having some worth outside of PT.

We need guys like that on the team. And more importantly, not sure you're going to get guys from the portal willing to be #8-10 in the rotation.
We don’t need ‘guys’ like that. Maybe it’s ok to have ONE charity case on the deep bench.

But I’d rather it be someone with potential to become a rotation player OR someone like Northweather who fits the offense and can hit some 3s.

Not just someone who cheers hard, works hard, etc., that’s what walk-ons are for.

Back