McCallum sees Norman from a new perspective

Henzo

Reaction score
The point guard position is always a key piece to a successful basketball team. Since Oklahoma head coach Jeff Capel arrived at Oklahoma he has targeted elite level point guards on a consistent basis. His desire to run a two point guard system successfully has continued to be prominent on the recruiting trail. That was a key selling point for Detroit (Mich.) Country Day point guard Ray McCallum. The Sooners already have one McDonald’s All-American point guard on scholarship in Tommy Mason-Griffin. Capel would like to add another potential McDonald’s All-American floor general in McCallum.

Link: McCallum sees Norman from a new perspective

Was this your interview, Matt? If so, what feel did you get from him? BTW, good job.

Great interview Matt.

It's pretty clear that Ray has the 'coach's son mentality'. He's taking a very disciplined approach to the process, genuinely taking in as much info as possible before he weighs his options.

Was this your interview, Matt? If so, what feel did you get from him? BTW, good job.

I think McJacknife put it perfectly:

He's taking a very disciplined approach to the process, genuinely taking in as much info as possible before he weighs his options.

I think Oklahoma is definitely in the picture and I believe Capel made a heck of a selling point to him this weekend, but he doesn't even know what he's going to do so there's no reading into him in any way. He's going to take his trips and I think he'll genuinely sit down and decide which school is going to be the best place for him. But I definitely think Oklahoma is still in the hunt.

Great report! How many times do we read where recruits say Capel is a real cool guy, young and like one of them. That's great to hear. It wouldn't surprise me AT ALL to see OU land McCallum.

but he doesn't even know what he's going to do so there's no reading into him in any way.

It's funny because alot of kids do know what they are going to do. Clark knew he would end up at OSU and Cobbins knew he would commit to OSU. But you have kids like Johnson and Ray who have no idea.

You could add Releford to that list of kids who knew where they were going to go as well Dirty.

It's funny because alot of kids do know what they are going to do. Clark knew he would end up at OSU and Cobbins knew he would commit to OSU. But you have kids like Johnson and Ray who have no idea.

Then Clark must be pretty disappointed that he ended up at OU... ;)

Knowing what we did about Ray going into the weekend, I can't imagine a more positive interview than that one. For some reason it feels like Arizona is our main competition with him and Zeigler and Lamb. I really do think we've got a chance to get one or two of those three guys. Can't wait to see how this thing shakes out...

Talked to someone in the know. They said Lil Ray was very impressed by the love that the team showed for him and that this would be one of the measuring sticks that he will use on his other visits. The think with Lil Ray is that he wants to play right away. The person said that Coach Capel wants Lil Ray very badly and will do what it takes to get him on campus. I'll just say this. We have a very good shot at landing him. Kellen Sampson is a very big part of that reason. Lil Ray trusts Kellen 100%. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

I still believe it is likely that Ray will play for his Dad. If not, I think we have as good of a shot as anyone.

Back