McCasland game students only

Sooner Season

Reaction score
I get what Moser is trying to do but they just keep marketing to those who don't come at the expense of those who do. Kind of like the Bedlam fiasco last year. Maybe it will be a big success but I will be surprised. And how about a McCasland intersquad scrimmage for season ticket holders only? Something to show some appreciation instead of acting like we are a given.

And yeah, I'm that old guy who has had season tickets for 30 years.

I get what Moser is trying to do but they just keep marketing to those who don't come at the expense of those who do. Kind of like the Bedlam fiasco last year. Maybe it will be a big success but I will be surprised. And how about a McCasland intersquad scrimmage for season ticket holders only? Something to show some appreciation instead of acting like we are a given.

And yeah, I'm that old guy who has had season tickets for 30 years.

very much agree with this ..

I do like the Moser is attempting to think outside the box on the student attendance issue, but this doesn't seem like the best way to go about it to me.

I honestly think all non-conference games that normally don't draw much fan interest should be played at McCasland. I really hope the new arena plan goes through and there is less seating available. Would be nice to have an intimidating venue for teams to come into, instead of the less than half full LNC. I'm not trying to bash the LNC one bit, but am excited of the future possibility of a new arena! Going from a seating capacity of over 11k that rarely sells out (6k-8k fans on an average basis is my guess) to an 8k capacity will be perfect!

I honestly think all non-conference games that normally don't draw much fan interest should be played at McCasland. I really hope the new arena plan goes through and there is less seating available. Would be nice to have an intimidating venue for teams to come into, instead of the less than half full LNC. I'm not trying to bash the LNC one bit, but am excited of the future possibility of a new arena! Going from a seating capacity of over 11k that rarely sells out (6k-8k fans on an average basis is my guess) to an 8k capacity will be perfect!

I like the idea but conceptually it just seems like it is a lot more of a hassle to get to the field house for non students

I haven’t renewed my season tickets because I’m still bitter over last season’s OSU home game when they let everyone in for free. Might as well have been a home game for them as their fans seemed like at least half the crowd.

This is just one more reason for me to stay away.

I will use my one pass to see the nonconference games but this is one less of those.

I haven’t renewed my season tickets because I’m still bitter over last season’s OSU home game when they let everyone in for free. Might as well have been a home game for them as their fans seemed like at least half the crowd.

This is just one more reason for me to stay away.

I will use my one pass to see the nonconference games but this is one less of those.

I feel the same way Swans and I almost didn't renew. I gave them my feelings about that fiasco and of course got the company line. I'm seriously trending towards joining the masses that just watch online since every game is on tv. But I will miss what once was.

I guess my brain already forgot the bedlam deal. What was the issue? That they let people in for free? Why is that such a big deal?

For me it was getting in my seats. No announcement at all that ticket holders had priority for seats and so everyone thought it was first come first serve. I had to argue with OSU fans about this, go get event staff to make them move and then when I finally got seated halfway through the first half, the aisles were full of people standing so you couldn't see anyway. And before someone says it, they weren't standing out of excitement, it was because the place was overcrowded way beyond capacity. It was a fire marshall's nightmare. When I called later and asked if I would get a refund for what I paid since everyone else got in free the response was "no, you got a discount for all tickets". ??? Okay, then refund me the discounted price. No coherent response to that.

For me it was getting in my seats. No announcement at all that ticket holders had priority for seats and so everyone thought it was first come first serve. I had to argue with OSU fans about this, go get event staff to make them move and then when I finally got seated halfway through the first half, the aisles were full of people standing so you couldn't see anyway. And before someone says it, they weren't standing out of excitement, it was because the place was overcrowded way beyond capacity. It was a fire marshall's nightmare. When I called later and asked if I would get a refund for what I paid since everyone else got in free the response was "no, you got a discount for all tickets". ??? Okay, then refund me the discounted price. No coherent response to that.

They definitely should have provided refunds, no question.
The rest of the stuff just seems like a lack of communication that can be corrected

They definitely should have provided refunds, no question.
The rest of the stuff just seems like a lack of communication that can be corrected

It was total lack of communication but that's the point, they never gave a thought to the season ticket holders and afterwards still refused to make it right.

many feelings. I see both sides. those that pay deserve the right to get their seats.

We need student attendance, we need the folks that go and are life longers to cheer and not yell or ask people to sit down.

If a refund for 1 discount game ticket is a deal breaker, thats rough.

Nah, you missed the point. It's not about the money. And nobody said anything about yelling or telling people to sit down.

I meant overall. Not just this one night. Ive been to many games where folks ask young people to sit down in front like its a movie theatre.

Communication shouldve been better.

It is about the money if you called to ask about the rate difference.
"When I called later and asked if I would get a refund for what I paid since everyone else got in free"

I meant overall. Not just this one night. Ive been to many games where folks ask young people to sit down in front like its a movie theatre.

Communication shouldve been better.

It is about the money if you called to ask about the rate difference.
"When I called later and asked if I would get a refund for what I paid since everyone else got in free"

No it was really just to point out the absurdity of the whole night. If you don't pay for tickets you don't understand. The day before the game the announce that attendance is free because of the "incoming weather" (which never happened by the way). They never once before or during the game announced that ticket holders would have rights to their seats, leaving it to be a free for all. And honestly, why not do the season ticket holders a solid to show their appreciation and give them a refund if they are going to let everyone else in free? That's what I mean, they have no regard for long time season ticket holders and they do nothing to show they value them.

Honestly, the whole thing seemed like a desperate attempt to not have more OSU fans in the seats than Sooner fans because the team was playing so bad, so there is that as well. There was really no valid reason to offer free attendance.

Last edited:
No it was really just to point out the absurdity of the whole night. If you don't pay for tickets you don't understand. The day before the game the announce that attendance is free because of the "incoming weather" (which never happened by the way). They never once before or during the game announced that ticket holders would have rights to their seats, leaving it to be a free for all. And honestly, why not do the season ticket holders a solid to show their appreciation and give them a refund if they are going to let everyone else in free? That's what I mean, they have no regard for long time season ticket holders and they do nothing to show they value them.

Honestly, the whole thing seemed like a desperate attempt to not have more OSU fans in the seats than Sooner fans because the team was playing so bad, so there is that as well. There was really no valid reason to offer free attendance.

We can agree to disagree.

Sorry you had a horrible night. I do appreciate your dedication to OU hoops. Few of us out there.

We can agree to disagree.

Sorry you had a horrible night. I do appreciate your dedication to OU hoops. Few of us out there.

You bet Coach, I really appreciate your contributions to the board and you are right, we fossils need to stick together!!! :ez-roll::ez-roll:

Was this a bad weather situation?

Bad weather that never showed up. I honestly think it was a desperate attempt to make sure there weren't more OSU fans than OU fans because we were so bad and OSU was going to beat us again. But it was a cold dry night like most winter games.

The Bedlam game was a logistical mess but we had one of our best crowds in years.

I’d like a chance to attend, but I also think we need to do what we can do get students going to games. If this helps, that’s great. If it doesn’t, then I’m out of one game vs Arkansas Pne Bluff.

Back