Memphis foward Matt Simpkins transferring

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Played in 14 games and averaged 1.4 points a game. He's 6'9 and with the loss of Robert Dozier he would have gotten PT. Memphis seems to be in a free fall recruiting wise. You would have figured that they would land some of the available players left.

Memphis is becoming an average C-USA team, the part of me from Tulsa is pumped for the Golden Hurricanes.

Played in 14 games and averaged 1.4 points a game. He's 6'9 and with the loss of Robert Dozier he would have gotten PT. Memphis seems to be in a free fall recruiting wise. You would have figured that they would land some of the available players left.

3646081.jpg

Yes!

There's nothing to be pumped about in regards to Tulsa's program. They're recruiting has been worse than ORU's and with the exception of Uzoh who's a junior and Jordan. When those guys leave, who will they turn to.

There's nothing to be pumped about in regards to Tulsa's program. They're recruiting has been worse than ORU's and with the exception of Uzoh who's a junior and Jordan. When those guys leave, who will they turn to.

Point Guard: Donte Medder
Shooting Guard: Justin Hurtt
Small Forward: Bryson Pope
Power Forward: Joe Richard
Center: DJ Magley (6'10'' 250 transfer they are probably getting from WKU)

I would not be surprised if this was their lineup after Uzoh and Jordan. The Medder signing was huge for their program, because it gives them a player to build around for the next few years.

Why do you say their recruiting has sucked? Pope and Medder make a great class for TU. Hurtt, Richard, Battle, and Andrews are also nice players. Kodi Maduka will turn out to be a nice recruit for them from the 2009 class as well, and he chose Tulsa over A&M and TCU. He didnt play his senior year due to injury, but is a 6'11'' athlete that they will redshirt this year.

Why do you say their recruiting has sucked?

Because their players suck. Outside of two guys, the rest of their team isn't better than the top 10 players at OU or OSU. Now I like Pope and wasn't aware they had Magley, a top 150 guy OU had recruited. But do I think those guys are going to make Tulsa fans think back to the glory days? no. Fact is Memphis is coming back to the field, not a case of Tulsa, Rice, UAB, or Houston getting better.

Because their players suck. Outside of two guys, the rest of their team isn't better than the top 10 players at OU or OSU.

I think Pope, Medder, Magley, Maduka, Hurtt, and Battle are legit players.

TU has suffered from having an incomplete team the past few years. They have other pieces, but their offense just sucks without a point guard. Medder gives them that, and it gives them a guy to build around.

Let's see who they add to Pope, Medder, Magley, and Battle in the 2010 class and then we will talk about how they do after Jordan and Uzoh.

I think Pope, Medder, Magley, Maduka, Hurtt, and Battle are legit players.

TU has suffered from having an incomplete team the past few years. They have other pieces, but their offense just sucks without a point guard. Medder gives them that, and it gives them a guy to build around.

Let's see who they add to Pope, Medder, Magley, and Battle in the 2010 class and then we will talk about how they do after Jordan and Uzoh.

Their dilemma will be in moving Udoh to the two guard when he's so use to handling the ball. He has issues being effective without the ball in his hands.

Their dilemma will be in moving Udoh to the two guard when he's so use to handling the ball. He has issues being effective without the ball in his hands.

Uzoh can attack from the wing... He did a great job of that as a freshman, while Brett McDade ran the point.

Uzoh can attack from the wing... He did a great job of that as a freshman, while Brett McDade ran the point.

Let's not crown TU yet.

Derrick Caracter is enrolled at UTEP and head coach Tony Barbee says the 6-foot-9 Fanwood, N.J. native will be eligible to play in the second semester of the 2009-10 season.
Caracter, who spent two seasons at Louisville, still needs one class at UTEP to become eligible.
“He’ll be eligible to play at the end of first semester [...]

Had offers from USC, Connecticut, and Arizona out of high school.

Back