#23 Houston loses to Memphis

We might be better with Bill Self, Coach K and John Wooden, too, but none of those coaches were at OU, got the school in trouble, cut and ran to avoid dealing with that trouble, got in trouble at the new school too and had to spend time in the NBA before they could even return to the college ranks.

You're acting like OU arrogantly cut Coach Sampson loose and he has gained his revenge by making us look foolish. I liked (and defended) Coach Sampson very much and still feel fondly toward him, but OU didn't behave like fools -- he did, and for several years running. And it took him a long time to recover from his foolish actions. He has his redemption now, and good for him -- but let's not forget, he abandoned OU, not vice-versa.

yep. all excellent points. and I wouldnt trust him again after that even if I do remember his tenure fondly. some situations just require change every so often.

I do see an interesting pattern in the successes of "style" coaches (mostly defensive but you do have Billy too) compared to the rest. It seems they are most successful when rebuilding and rising but reach a crescendo of energy and need to move on. Maybe it's a challenge thing. Some people require a big hurdle to spur them to action and have trouble maintaining that momentum after they clear it.

Haha! You’re gettin awfully butt hurt by this.

I don’t have an obsession with HOU. I just know that this OU team would play a ton more inspired, actually play D, and have a much better record if KS was the coach.

LOL, good stuff.

We might be better with Bill Self, Coach K and John Wooden, too, but none of those coaches were at OU, got the school in trouble, cut and ran to avoid dealing with that trouble, got in trouble at the new school too and had to spend time in the NBA before they could even return to the college ranks.

You're acting like OU arrogantly cut Coach Sampson loose and he has gained his revenge by making us look foolish. I liked (and defended) Coach Sampson very much and still feel fondly toward him, but OU didn't behave like fools -- he did, and for several years running. And it took him a long time to recover from his foolish actions. He has his redemption now, and good for him -- but let's not forget, he abandoned OU, not vice-versa.

I’m not sure how I’m acting like anything by saying I’d rather have KS, or someone like him & his style of play, coach this team over Kruger. This team has no discipline & now there are rumors of locker room issues? On the point of abandonment, I don’t think Castiglione is so petty that he would be bothered by someone that left because he got caught making extra phone calls. He also left for a better job in Indiana.

I’d prefer OU to go younger for head coach, if a change is made. It’s just when I see this team play the way they have, then watch what HOU is doing with KS & his style of play, it’s hard not wonder what if.

Back