Mississippi State adds former number one ranked player John Riek

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=2&pr_key=63042

At one time was the top prospect of 2010, but then tried to reclassify to 2009 and then tried to gain NBA draft status. He signed with Cincy, but didn't gain eligibility. 7'2 240. So MSU is going to have 6'10 Renaldo Sidney and 7'2 Riek on their roster.

untitled-6.jpg

Do they still have the vernardo (sp?) guy or did he graduate? He was a beast defensively and on the boards.

He declared. Thing about Varnardo is he was very athletic and ran the court like a deer. Sidney and Riek are probably going to lumber.

Did he hire an agent? I think he could be a decent NBA player, but it wouldn't shock me to see him go back to MSU.

Mississippi State is going to have a really good squad next year.. They return 1-3 who all averaged double figures last year, and now add Sidney and Riek.

He's projected in the top 15.

I just looked at draft express and they project him at the bottom of the first round in the 2010 draft. Maybe they are slow in updating their mock draft.

MSU would be imposing in the front court with that trio.

Riek is a project. I don't know how he'll do, especially after taking a year off. He may come out like Solomon Alabi, a guy who is projected as a op 5 pick in 2010. He may end up like Teeng Akol.

Back