Mizzou- Stupid like a fox?

DFWHoopster

Reaction score
http://www.big12hoops.com/2009/10/2/1066087/the-other-side-of-treo-gate

Did Mizzou coaches not erase their "good" cell phones on purpose? I joke- I think Mizzou runs a good, clean program. It reminded me of some stories of NBA clients I had years ago. They would keep multiple cell phones. Being young and naive at the time, I would try and encourage them to go to one cell phone because it was a waste of money to have more than one. They would laugh at my suggestion...

Later I realized that the main cell phone was for family and friends and transparency with the wife. The other cell phones were for the women on the side.

I have to admit when I read the Mizzou story, my first thought was who would be stupid enough not to erase all the data before getting rid of them? But if you did it as a positive PR move to promote the integrity of your program... GENIUS!

I haven't seen a single mention of this on any Mizzou boards.

I'm generally of the belief that most major basketball programs are dirty to one degree or another. I don't know if Anderson bends or breaks the rules, but I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't hold it against him. The NCAA has made it pretty clear that the rules are more like guidelines, and even if it's obvious things aren't entirely clean, they may or may not punish you for it.

Back