More James Johnson comments from his unofficial to OU

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
From Cal's Rivals site:

"At Oklahoma, I had an unbelievable time. Coach Capel really spent a lot of time showing me some of the things that they did with Blake Griffin, and perhaps the best thing was that I got a chance to meet with Blake and Taylor. They happened to be there, working on some things."

In an earlier interview with BearTerritory.net, we denoted that Johnson was a big fan of the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.

"Yeah, that was totally a thrill. When I first saw him, I was shocked. It was just great to get a chance to meet with him and talk to him and his brother. He told me about how Coach Capel really helped him as a player, and just how great it was for him at Oklahoma. Taylor did too.

"I also sat down with Coach Capel to watch video of Blake during his freshman season, and he explained to me the things he did well. And then we watched video of his sophomore year, and saw the things he had improved on a lot.

"After that, I got a chance to meet the entire football department. Coach Stoops actually walked us around everything there, and told us all about the renovations they are doing on campus. It was just a great trip."

:D

Source Link

Sounds like JJ was really impressed with his visit. With all of the pluses on our side I think OU has a great shot at signing him. Sure hope so, because I have a feeling he is going to be a good one.

Thanks for the update, BT!

DM, Scout has a nice highlight video of one game. JJ reminds me a lot of Blake in that he has multiple skills and that he is so aggressive.

He is not as athletic as BG, but he may be more versatile in his skill set at this point of his career. The kid is relentless on the boards and he can score with either hand in close. He also showed a nice touch from seventeen feet or so.

I really like this guy! Something tells me he has a huge upside and has only begun to show what he can do in another year or two.

Bob Stoops showed him around? How frickin cool is that? I love the cooperation and the personalities with Stoops and Capel (and Sherri). Good dynamic between them all!

Sounds like this kid LOVED it! He's a Sooner. Done deal.

Sounds like this kid LOVED it! He's a Sooner. Done deal.

Man I hope so. If he loved it, he had a strange way of showing it. Maybe he's more like Blake than just on the basketball court.

Found a little sumthin sumthin on youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-lmKX79k8[/ame]

Nice hops. I still can't figure out who this kid reminds me of. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Josh Heysvelt? The redhead Jansen kid from Utah a few years back?

I figured it out. He looks a little like Robert Swift, who is no longer with the OKC Thunder. Good thing is it looks like he will be a much better player than Swift when it is all said an done. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I figured it out. He looks a little like Robert Swift, who is no longer with the OKC Thunder. Good thing is it looks like he will be a much better player than Swift when it is all said an done. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yuck. i guess you're just talking about physical appearance instead of game......hopefully.

My bad. Definetly appearance wise. I remember the heysvelt kid from utah that you're talking about. Yes I have to agree. Their actual game on the court has similarities. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

It sounded like he was highly impressed! Capel.... Reel him in!

It sounded like he was highly impressed! Capel.... Reel him in!

I agree. He seems like a really level-headed kid that will think this through and make the best decision for him. I like OU's chances.

Back