Moser on KREF This Morning

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Missed Moser interview on TROW's show this morning. What did he say? Anyone care to summarize. Meant to listen as I was hoping he would let us know who would be starting tomorrow. Thanks.

For those who haven't listened, he said Northweather is out tomorrow with a minor injury. Didn't reveal the starters other than Tanner, Hill, and Sherfield. I found it interesting that he, without prompting, went out of his way to say that Godwin has put himself in position to contribute. I also get the sense that Benny is still behind the curve since he missed the summer with his injury.

I would think Bam & CJ are the other starters, but he does love J. Groves.

I would think Bam & CJ are the other starters, but he does love J. Groves.

He does that!

If Joe B could be that 6th man and play starter minutes when other main 3 get a breather... Im all for that.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/J_batacao/status/1584617978334568449[/TWEET]

Thanks NAIA for the link. Listened. Reading between the lines or the tea leaves, I sort of took that Uzan is the most ready and will get the most run early of the 3 freshman. Seemed to be reserved on Bennie (like many of you I am most excited to see). It could be that since he missed the summer and preseason workouts, it could be mid semester before we see him much.

Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow night. Moser doesn't seem to be hiding or underselling the fact that he thinks this team is better and much farther along than last years team. Based upon his comments, we might be better in the post that last year. I guess we will have to see YaYa, Luke and Godwin to see if that will be the case.

Rothstein had predicted the new starters would be Sherfield, Bamisile, and Oweh, and for awhile I agreed with him. I get the feeling that even though Uzan is a straight point, and Sherfield is already the point guard... Moser may start Uzan. He always talks about how smooth he is, how he can play defense, pass, and is a good scorer. Like some say, he really likes JGroves and Noland, but from a talent perspective it would be a crime if either one of those two started over Bam, Oteh, or Uzan. Groves and Noland do have the D1 experience on them, so it may happen. But i'd bet by conference if the latter 3 come anywhere close to fulfilling their athletic potential/talent they'll all have more minutes than those two. If Groves keeps growing i'd make him Jalen Hill's backup at the 4. I think they should anyway, right now.

He does that!

If Joe B could be that 6th man and play starter minutes when other main 3 get a breather... Im all for that.

Yeah that’d be a great luxury to have. I’ve noticed most colleges don’t do that with their 6th man. I wonder if it’s because of the media timeouts giving extra breathers & opportunities to sub.

interview this morning....

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TheBlitz1170/status/1585996873734791171[/TWEET]

Back