Moser & staff gets raises from BOR

It's not a big deal, as it's a rounding error compared to his buyout. But if we had any choice, I just don't get it. 100K isn't nothing.
My guess is we were simply following the K so that we don't get sued.

I have no interest in getting into the board obsession with debating whether Porter is a good coach and tired of even reading posts related to the issue several hundred posts ago. However, it does appear by the extension that the OU admin thinks Porter is the man for the job by giving him an extension and raise. Or, as Hoops was just saying, perhaps his contract required the extension. Whatever the reason, I was glad to see it. With all the complaints, it was likely going to negatively effect the staff's ability to recruit and so maybe the extension will eliminate the perception PM is on the hot seat (which perception, even if not real, can amount to a self fulfilling prophecy).

I have no interest in getting into the board obsession with debating whether Porter is a good coach and tired of even reading posts related to the issue several hundred posts ago. However, it does appear by the extension that the OU admin thinks Porter is the man for the job by giving him an extension and raise. Or, as Hoops was just saying, perhaps his contract required the extension. Whatever the reason, I was glad to see it. With all the complaints, it was likely going to negatively effect the staff's ability to recruit and so maybe the extension will eliminate the perception PM is on the hot seat (which perception, even if not real, can amount to a self fulfilling prophecy).
I don't think he got an extension

My understanding is no extension, meaning he has 2 years left.

Put me on record saying that barring a complete disaster season (like finishing 90-100+ in the NET), PM will finish out his contract. I don’t think there is an appetite to buy out his contract.

My understanding is no extension, meaning he has 2 years left.

Put me on record saying that barring a complete disaster season (like finishing 90-100+ in the NET), PM will finish out his contract. I don’t think there is an appetite to buy out his contract.
You really think if OU misses the tournament again he will be retained? Put me on record saying he's toast if that happens.

You really think if OU misses the tournament again he will be retained? Put me on record saying he's toast if that happens.

That’s what my gut tells me. I can’t see a donor ponying up $3million plus additional stack for the new guy. Not with all the other things our donors are choosing to spend their money on.

If you had $3million, would you pay to fire a basketball coach or fund a significant portion of the NIL in football?

Last edited:
Ridiculous … first time in 40?…years that OU has missed post season for 3 yrs in a row, and he gets a raise.
Actually, we missed the postseason in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - but that was with two different head coaches.

Let's say it was a $100,000 raise. To put it in perspective, Billy Tubbs got a $25,000 bonus after leading OU to the title game in 1988.

Back